Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 738 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been talking a lot about the new Santa Fe's.... would like to get a photo gallery of everyone's new purchase. Can you post them here please? :D Detailed shots are always appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If I decided to get the Santa Fe, I think I might go with the Silver also. I really wanted the Pearl Metallic below, but that is Korea only for now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow - that Pearl Metallic just makes all the exterior features POP! It's a head-turning design for sure.

Why do automakers pick and choose which countries get which colors?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow - that Pearl Metallic just makes all the exterior features POP! It's a head-turning design for sure.

So is the white not a pearl white then in the US? I haven't seen a white in person, only pictures and you can't really tell from the pics. I know that on the Turbo Veloster there is a pearl white, vs. the base veloster has a plain white. I figured the Santa Fe would get the pearl but maybe not...

·
Registered
64 Posts
So is the white not a pearl white then in the US? I haven't seen a white in person, only pictures and you can't really tell from the pics. I know that on the Turbo Veloster there is a pearl white, vs. the base veloster has a plain white. I figured the Santa Fe would get the pearl but maybe not...
I haven't seen any of them (no matter what color!) in person. We are anxiously awaiting the first shipment. I think the option in the US isa White Frost Pearl. If I am right, this is a white with a "shimmer" look to it. It is a different tint than the Pearl Metallic shown above that seems to have more of a slightly gold tint. I am willing to bet that the White Frost Pearl is beautiful, but where I live there are TOO many white vehicles, mostly local law enforcement, so white is just not for me.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
They don't - it's the "local" country importer who decides which colour/options/engines/transmissions etc make up the range sold in that country - it's all based on their perception of customer demand.

Since the Hyunda-Kia Motor factory at West Point, Georgia builds the Santa Fe exclusively for US and Canada they could paint them any colour that Hyundai Motors America or Hyundai Canada wanted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
They don't - it's the "local" country importer who decides which colour/options/engines/transmissions etc make up the range sold in that country - it's all based on their perception of customer demand.

Since the Hyunda-Kia Motor factory at West Point, Georgia builds the Santa Fe exclusively for US and Canada they could paint them any colour that Hyundai Motors America or Hyundai Canada wanted.
That is interesting to know. Thank you for that information. I'm slowly but surely learning I do not have to settle for just what is on the lot. This will be the first car I've ever purchased (if I purchase it) that I did not have to settle on make/model/color just because it fit in my price range. I'm anxious to get one, but also want to make sure that 1) it's going to fit my needs, and 2) it's a color I won't grow tired of after a short time!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The white here in the US is definitely not a flat color. It's a bright, metallic white.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Same in Canada..it is the Frost White Pearl. Any paint that has "pearl" in its name usually has an iridescent look to it. Pearls are semi-transparent, iridescent powders added to paint to give them a a glow and sparkle when looked at at certain angles.

1 - 20 of 738 Posts