Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the media pack fitted after they had taken delivery of their IX35?

I ask because i have been told that if it is not fitted at the factory, it cannot be done later? And if i want to change my order i would have to put in a new order altogether, and as uk buyers plus others know this would not be a good idea to delay my wait any further or i might not see the car till next year!

Gill

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Holdg01 @ Sep 22 2010, 08:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357976
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the media pack fitted after they had taken delivery of their IX35?

I ask because i have been told that if it is not fitted at the factory, it cannot be done later? And if i want to change my order i would have to put in a new order altogether, and as uk buyers plus others know this would not be a good idea to delay my wait any further or i might not see the car till next year!

Gill
I am assuming when you say "media Pack" you are referring to the Navigation unit? I am almost positive it is available after the vehicle has been made. But even so, if it is available it would cost you 3 times the amount to purchase each part separately than what the package would cost you if you ordered it with the vehicle. If you are considering getting the Navigation then by all means put in a new order or you can purchase a aftermarket unit. They are for sale on eBay and there were a few posts here on the forum regarding them. It's a nice alternative to a factory navigation. It looks and fits like a factory unit. The only down side is that you will not have the factory 320 watt amp and no sub woofer. But the Bluetooth, navigation, iPod adapter, steering wheel controls and the rest of the options are there with the aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Sep 22 2010, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357979
I am assuming when you say "media Pack" you are referring to the Navigation unit? I am almost positive it is available after the vehicle has been made. But even so, if it is available it would cost you 3 times the amount to purchase each part separately than what the package would cost you if you ordered it with the vehicle. If you are considering getting the Navigation then by all means put in a new order or you can purchase a aftermarket unit. They are for sale on eBay and there were a few posts here on the forum regarding them. It's a nice alternative to a factory navigation. It looks and fits like a factory unit. The only down side is that you will not have the factory 320 watt amp and no sub woofer. But the Bluetooth, navigation, iPod adapter, steering wheel controls and the rest of the options are there with the aftermarket unit.

Thanks Joeeey, and yes i did mean the navigation unit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts