Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I am trying to copy music to a flash drive so I can listen to these files in my 2017 Tuscon. Keep getting a "File not supported". These are files from iTunes. I was previously able to download audio books from my library via iTunes and this worked. Not now. Is there a setting I might have forgotten about in the car?

Thank you

Bill Keogh

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Tucson Premier SE. It plays my iPod without any issues, with music files in various formats, mp4 etc. However when I put my flash drive it says media files not recognised. My previous car was a '67 VW which played from the flash drive without any issues. I find it very odd that Hyundai use a system which doesn't support all forms of music. What's the difference between an mp4 on an iPod, which will play on the system, and an mp4 on a flash drive which isn't recognised by the system.
My work around was to download an app called Audacity, which will convert music files to mp3. My flash drive now works in my car, but it's a time consuming way to solve a problem which in 2019 really shouldn't exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts