Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just happened to be going through the Menu above the steering wheel and came to the ECO score. I've got two earths plus 603. I've got 71135 miles on my 2011 HSH. So, I did the math for a new measure of efficiency. I presume the ECO turns at 1000. So, I've got 2603 points in 71135 miles. If my math is correct, I'm earning .036 of a point each mile. Or, to flip the ratio around, I'm earning a point every 27.328 miles. (in honor of the Olympics, going out to three decimals!) So, is that good or bad? Think I'm a pretty smooth driver, but how do you guys stack-up??
Bob

·
Registered
740 Posts
We get one point for every 8 bars on the Eco score screen. When you get 20 points on the Total Eco Screen, a planet is awarded. I believe the total will goto 9999.

I have an '11 with 7900 miles. Past drivers probably weren't to light on the throttle. I got it a few weeks ago with 6900 miles and the Total Score was in the high 60s (thing it was 68). Up to 102 now. I use the screen with a field. I'm wondering when I'll start seeing windmills and things popping out. It's just a green field with a bright sunny day.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I do NOT understand these things! Geesh!:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Today I just happened to be going through the Menu above the steering wheel and came to the ECO score. I've got two earths plus 603. I've got 71135 miles on my 2011 HSH. So, I did the math for a new measure of efficiency. I presume the ECO turns at 1000. So, I've got 2603 points in 71135 miles. If my math is correct, I'm earning .036 of a point each mile. Or, to flip the ratio around, I'm earning a point every 27.328 miles. (in honor of the Olympics, going out to three decimals!) So, is that good or bad? Think I'm a pretty smooth driver, but how do you guys stack-up??
Bob
Up North I've got 27,715Km with 761 points. That computes to 17,222 miles and I think one point every 22.63 miles.

Having said that, my experience has been that the points are not properly awarded for the most efficient driving, say a long highway trip, they seem to be awarded more readily for reasonable efficiency on the shorter drives.

Barry

·
Registered
198 Posts
Search on this forum for the thread called something like "Compare ECO scores" and there is a lot of other people who posted their scores for you to compare how you're doing.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have 3,095 points at 63,500 miles. So one point for every 20.5 miles. Somebody here broke 3,000 points around 57,000 miles - around 19 miles per point.

If your averaging less than 20 miles per point then you're doing great. FYI, I found that scoring points is much easier in the summer than it is in the winter.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Having said that, my experience has been that the points are not properly awarded for the most efficient driving, say a long highway trip, they seem to be awarded more readily for reasonable efficiency on the shorter drives.
Yup, in my car I can drive for three hours at 70 MPH on the freeway and not score a single point. But I can score two points on my 20 mile commute into work driving at around 45 MPH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts