Hyundai Forums banner

261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The light ticking on a cold start-up is normal. If you get the constant knocking that increases with RPM, you win the lottery with a new short block.

Its a light ticking like a diesel but only lasts a split second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there any way to stop the 2013 elantra ltd from changing HVAC settings for you such as when u adjust heat to the floor, it always opens the vent for outside air? I don't care what it needs to be, I want the interior to heat up quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know in what situation this occurs but I just sat in my Elantra and lock the doors then popped the gas door right open with the lever. First thought in my mind was... I don't have a key hole so to me the gas door is always locked unless I pull the lever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I need some help figuring the light settings out. I just purchased a 2013 Elantra limited without nav. For my daughter. Do our cars not have auto turn on headlight. I cant believe I have a auto dimming mirror etc and no auto lights.
The manual isnt the best with the instructions.
There is no labeling for auto. I just wish it had it, my kid leaves work at nite time. Any thoughts ideas

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
I need some help figuring the light settings out. I just purchased a 2013 Elantra limited without nav. For my daughter. Do our cars not have auto turn on headlight. I cant believe I have a auto dimming mirror etc and no auto lights.
There is no labeling for auto. I just wish it had it, my kid leaves work at nite time. Any thoughts ideas

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

No auto headlights but if you leave them on they will go off when you lock doors with keyfob.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes...another thing you should add to this...is that it has to be
USB 2.0
FAT32
Default Allocation Size= Default
Can't have a total of over 200 folders(idk was on a website/car manuel)
Hmm. I'm using a 16gb USB 3.0 in my media slot that picks up where I left off.

Maybe not all USB's are alike? They are supposed to be backward compatible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A Sticky for mods?

I'd like to propose a place for members to post and discuss mods for their Elantras.

In particular, I'm curious as to what performance mods others have made that will not void a car's active warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys. Maybe someone can help with this... I've had a 2014 Elantra Limited (no tech package) since January 2017. I SWEAR that at first, when I parked in my garage, and left my doors unlocked, they remained unlocked all night until morning. The only thing I've done (HAD done) was change out the Homelink only mirror to a non-Homelink auto-dimming/compass/garage door opener mirror - but the guy didn't even unplug the battery to do it - and I think I STILL was able to leave the car unlocked.

Somehow though - it's started locking itself after sitting for a certain amount of time. I like to leave it unlocked in the garage, I need to access work items from the car. Does anyone know how to change that setting back? Or, do I have to go to the dealer? Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hmm. I'm using a 16gb USB 3.0 in my media slot that picks up where I left off.

Maybe not all USB's are alike? They are supposed to be backward compatible.
i did try a usb 3.0 but it corrupted it as soon as i inserted the drive...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi guys. Maybe someone can help with this... I've had a 2014 Elantra Limited (no tech package) since January 2017. I SWEAR that at first, when I parked in my garage, and left my doors unlocked, they remained unlocked all night until morning. The only thing I've done (HAD done) was change out the Homelink only mirror to a non-Homelink auto-dimming/compass/garage door opener mirror - but the guy didn't even unplug the battery to do it - and I think I STILL was able to leave the car unlocked.

Somehow though - it's started locking itself after sitting for a certain amount of time. I like to leave it unlocked in the garage, I need to access work items from the car. Does anyone know how to change that setting back? Or, do I have to go to the dealer? Thanks!
Can't swear to how your '14 is doing this, but for many years if you locked the car with the remote, then unlocked it with the remote and did not open a door, in about 30 seconds the doors re-lock and arm the alarm system. The mirror shouldn't have anything to do with it, but if you hit the unlock on your fob, stand there for about 30 seconds and see if the car locks itself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you @flemmons - I think that's the issue. Since my post, I've tested a few ways - seems the ONLY way for me to leave the door unlocked is to set it on the actual door lock as I get out of the car. This is not a preference for me, so I'm hoping to find time to get to the dealer to see if service can change that setting. Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Thank you @flemmons - I think that's the issue. Since my post, I've tested a few ways - seems the ONLY way for me to leave the door unlocked is to set it on the actual door lock as I get out of the car. This is not a preference for me, so I'm hoping to find time to get to the dealer to see if service can change that setting. Appreciate your help!

I leave mine unlocked every night in the garage. I just get out of the car and walk away.

Are you sure the fob button isn't getting pressed by accident? I have had that happen before with the doors and trunk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have an 2015 Elantra GLS Manual, which I've owned since brand new. Never had the Drive Mode Selector button.
Recently, I pushed the Cruise Control Button and instead of Cruise Control On, I could fiddle among the different driving modes (Comfort, Normal and Sport). Absolutely no clue how this appeared. However, can't get back that menu. Any idea how I can access the drive mode selector?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sunroof open warning

Here's one my 2014 seems to have. (Limited w/ tech package- not sure it matters)

If I leave the sunroof open and leave the car, the car chimes several times. When I enter the car later with the roof still open, the car again chimes.

The chime does not occur with the sunroof closed when exiting or entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There should be a "Mode" button with a steering wheel on it very close to the cruise control settings. It changes the stiffness of the steering wheel. Comfort being the lightest and my preference!

261 - 280 of 281 Posts