Hyundai Forums banner

241 - 260 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
In fact, it's easy to hit the Cruise button with our finger when pressing the horn. It happens to me almost every time.
Yep! That's what's happening. I used my horn today on someone who was too busy on the phone, to notice that the light had turned green. A couple minutes later I noticed that my cruise was on!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #243

·
Banned
465 Posts
Having a problem with that AC defog logic tip, I followed the directions but it seems the inside re circulation light gets completely disabled, I can toggle between ac on and off while in defog, but cannot toggle the re-circulation light on at all?.

also, cannot switch back to the default defog logic either for some reason.

·
Retired Staff
11,816 Posts
Having a problem with that AC defog logic tip, I followed the directions but it seems the inside re circulation light gets completely disabled, I can toggle between ac on and off while in defog, but cannot toggle the re-circulation light on at all?.

also, cannot switch back to the default defog logic either for some reason.
Recirculation doesn't work while defrosting as far as I know. It's also possible the programming changed for the 2016 model year.

·
Banned
465 Posts
Recirculation doesn't work while defrosting as far as I know. It's also possible the programming changed for the 2016 model year.
re-circulation does "and is supposed to" work in the default defog logic, as well as the AC, but since I changed it, I have no control of that at all, cannot even get this to go back to the default, I highly recommenced anyone to just leave that at the factory default. - Ed

·
Banned
465 Posts
In case anyone is interested I found the solution, "Key is pressing the AC button while pressing the re-circulation button 5 times" to revert back to the Factory default.

/////// Manual Defogging logic ///////
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Press the defrost button (Hyundai Elantra)
3. Push the air intake control button at least 5 times.).
The indicator light in the air intake control button will blink 3 times with 0.5 second of interval.

/////// Auto Defogging logic ///////
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Select the defrost position pressing defrost button (Hyundai Elantra)
3. While holding the air conditioning button (A/C) pressed, press the air intake control button at least 5 times within 3 seconds.

The indicator on the air intake control button blinks 3 times with 0.5 second of interval. It indicates that the manual logic is canceled or returned to the programmed status.

NOTE If the battery has been discharged or disconnected, the system resets to the programmed defogging logic.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just some tips about using the USB port: Use a USB 2.0 thumbdrive, not a 3.0 one. For some reason USB 3.0 thumbdrives tend to start at the first song on the drive rather than where you left off after you start your Elantra. Researching this item I discovered a Gen forum that was talking about the same thing so it's probably an issue with any of the Hyundais that have USB.

Also, for cleaning up the metadata that scrolls across the display, use a free tool like Mp3tag - makes it look professional.
Yes...another thing you should add to this...is that it has to be
USB 2.0
FAT32
Default Allocation Size= Default
Can't have a total of over 200 folders(idk was on a website/car manuel)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just discovered after 5.5 yrs. that if you turn on the visor lights and close the visors they will flip the switches off when they close. Pretty cool.

lol 00000732

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys I recently bought a 2011 md Elantra 1.8

After my car stood for a while and I start it again there is a slight knocking noise which last a second or two then its gone again is it something to be worried about, btw my car has 136000km on with full service history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
22,777 Posts
I just discovered after 5.5 yrs. that if you turn on the visor lights and close the visors they will flip the switches off when they close. Pretty cool.
Regardless of any shortcomings the car may have to specific owner's, and there are some, it's the little detailed things like this that make the car unique & special. Nice forward-thinking on the part of some design engineer at Hyundai, IMO. Probably the result of his wife leaving her vanity mirror on for applying makeup and running the battery down on his other vehicle because SHE forgot to switch the lamp off. LOL

"NECESSITY," is the mother of invention. I oftentimes wonder, "What was the inspiration for them to come up with this?" :wink2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Regardless of any shortcomings the car may have to specific owner's, and there are some, it's the little detailed things like this that make the car unique & special. Nice forward-thinking on the part of some design engineer at Hyundai, IMO. Probably the result of his wife leaving her vanity mirror on for applying makeup and running the battery down on his other vehicle because SHE forgot to switch the lamp off. LOL

"NECESSITY," is the mother of invention. I oftentimes wonder, "What was the inspiration for them to come up with this?" :wink2:

I like the fact that the head lamps stay lit after u remove the key. Very handy

·
22,777 Posts
Hi guys I recently bought a 2011 md Elantra 1.8

After my car stood for a while and I start it again there is a slight knocking noise which last a second or two then its gone again is it something to be worried about, btw my car has 136000km on with full service history.

Knocking? Or possibly a light ticking. The latter, of which, is normal and inherently part of the engine's startup operation. Warmed up, it's quiet and not so prevalent to the ears.

"Knocking," (as in worn bearings/piston slap/failing motor), would only increase with RPM's. But that's my take on it. I'd say you're probably fine.

Others smarter than me may have more accurate assessments.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The light ticking on a cold start-up is normal. If you get the constant knocking that increases with RPM, you win the lottery with a new short block.

241 - 260 of 281 Posts
About this Discussion
280 Replies
105 Participants
TheMayor
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing