Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already well aware that the accent has very little support in the aftermarket in every category. Taking what I've learned from owning many vehicles and the amount of time I've spent in the Honda community I've decided to fab some parts that may be of interest.

Front aluminum subframe bushings
Rear arm bushings aluminum
Aluminum shifter bushings
Spherical control arm bushings

I'm intending on producing some for personal use and if there is decent enough demand maybe make a couple dozen batches to sell.
Because of the winter season they won't be available until April-May when snow starts to vanish and im able to work at full tilt. What I want to know is if there is anyone here who would be interested in such parts?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I am curious how you lubricate these bushes and can you comment on the stiffness/roughness of the suspension. I would think a solid bush would make a dramatic impact on the suspensions performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They would be solid aluminum bushing with a steel collar that you would find on typical rubber replacent bushings. The bolt to secure the part in question would eventually wear its way into the aluminum bushing and you'd get insane amounts of slack. The ride would indeed be much harsher, they would take any sort of play out of the suspension, steering response would be quicker and feel much more direct.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I have a race car and find as you stiffen up one point the next weakest link fails. I think if your using the car for road use it will be extremely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not really a point of worry for me. Parts are cheap and it's all in the name of R&D

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I can remember back when our local Holden went from solid bushes to rubber and people found the new model was sloppy in all respects compared to the older one but it was probably cheaper to go down that path.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar problem with the bushings in all of the arms on the IRS in my 2013 avenger. I couldnt keep bushings in in. I resorted to having a local machine shop Make every bushing out of aluminum stock. I never replaced a bushing the rest of the life of the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On another note I have taken notice of the orientation of one of the bolts on the front control arm. One bolt horizontal and the other mounted vertically. I remember seeing something like this while part of the Honda community.

if my research is correct then the front compliance bushing from Moog part number moog-k200799 for many Honda vehicles seems like it would be a good replacement. It's a spherical ball design rather than r rubber bushing and steel collar. albeit I'd have to give it a go first and be a guinea pig. Being it's almost Christmas chances are I won't be able to give it a go until after i get back to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts