Hyundai Forums banner

Matte Black Grille Installed.... No More Crooked "h"

14K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  downhiller88 
#1 ·
Installed my matte black grille today from Shark Racing. It eliminated the crooked "H" and matches my matte black rims. I am still debating whether to black out the chrome piece on the hood. It was a pretty quick install, but be warned, there are screws on the inside of the stock grille and they are a pain in the arse to get off.

After:

See less See more
#2 ·
I like it a lot. I think if you use matte black vinyl to cover the chrome "mustache" it would look pretty badass.

#3 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Oct 15 2010, 06:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363782
I like it a lot. I think if you use matte black vinyl to cover the chrome "mustache" it would look pretty badass.
They want $195 for a fake carbon fiber decal that goes on that piece. I may just try to remove it myself and spray paint it matte black.

#6 ·
i dont mean to offend anyone who likes this

but i think it looks retarded, like a sonata with a mental disability.. it literally it gives off a dumbed-down vibe... maybe becuase its dull and doesnt reflect colour (cuz its matte). it also matches no part of the car except for the window sills....

but thats just me :grin:

again, no offense to those who like it and those who know people with mental disabilities

#7 ·
I kinda like it. The matte black and the creases in the body work are reminiscent of the Stealth Bomber. The chrome above the grille should probably be taped over or painted, though, because the loss of the chrome on the grille below makes it appear as if it's floating on a black surface and not visually tied to anything. The chrome from the headlight clusters along the windows should remain, because it forms a single arc alongside an otherwise all-black car. Very stealthy.
Looks nice! :)

#8 ·
i think you should get rid of that chrome piece that's just sitting there in the middle.
other than that, i think the matte looks awesome. also because it's black. probably wouldn't work on any other color.
but i bet it will show a lot of scratches easily though..

#10 ·
QUOTE (kton @ Oct 15 2010, 10:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363799
i dont mean to offend anyone who likes this

but i think it looks retarded, like a sonata with a mental disability.. it literally it gives off a dumbed-down vibe... maybe becuase its dull and doesnt reflect colour (cuz its matte). it also matches no part of the car except for the window sills....

but thats just me :grin:

again, no offense to those who like it and those who know people with mental disabilities
Wow, what a CONSTUCTIVE post. Hiding riducle under "excuse me's and sorry's".

But I guess special people have special opinions. Sorry if I offended you... :wacko:

#11 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Oct 16 2010, 09:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363852
Wow, what a CONSTUCTIVE post. Hiding riducle under "excuse me's and sorry's".

But I guess special people have special opinions. Sorry if I offended you... :wacko:

When you post a picture of your mods in this forum, you better have some thick skin.
If people like it , you are a genius , if they hate it your a idiot.
I don't like it.
On that black car it turns the front end into a big blur.
I think his best mod was removing that license plate.
I would have spent the money on some fogs.

#16 ·
:eek:fftopic: but I can't wait for brushed aluminum trim to come out for our cars.

#17 ·
QUOTE (shinigami @ Oct 15 2010, 11:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363826
i think you should get rid of that chrome piece that's just sitting there in the middle.
I am looking at my options for getting rid of the chrome strip. I saw some blackout tape, but the roll I saw was only 1 3/8" wide. The chrome strip is slightly wider than that. I have to look into removing and painting it.

To all the negative posters, it's a free country, if you don't like it, you are free to comment. I really don't care since I am the one signing the check every month for the car payment. The important thing it that I like it.

#20 ·
QUOTE (CCltd @ Oct 16 2010, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363897
How about this? Kinda makes you feel good!
Since you are handy with the photoshop, can you black out that chrome piece and post it? That way I can see what it looks like.

#21 ·
I will try to help you.

Not that great, but you can kinda get an idea. I'm sure others here can do better.

#22 ·
QUOTE (Ayces @ Oct 16 2010, 02:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363920
I will try to help you.

Not that great, but you can kinda get an idea. I'm sure others here can do better.
That's the look I am going for. Definately going to black it out soon!

#23 ·
i wish i can remove my license plate, but i already have 2 holes on it... anyone know a solution for this? my car isn't simply black or white either.. i'd have to match my silver blue paint.
damm.

photoshop looks much better though.
i like it when people go unique. whether it looks good to many people or not, it means more to be different. certainly better than simply going with the same old naked chrome look that simply removes the H.
which isn't crooked i might add.
as somebody who was studying graphic design, i like the hyundai logo design. much better than honda if i may compare, because they are both H's

#24 ·
I like it with the chrome, enough chrome in the headlights to tie it in.

Just picked up my 11 Sonata SE and specifically told dealer NOT to put front tag on. Upon picking up the car there was a stupid dealer tag there with 2 honking holes drilled into my bumper. I was FURIOUS. I went ahead and purchased b/c I have looked for a white SE for over 2 months.

I purchased an 09 Nissan Rogue, same situation with drilled bumper holes. I sought out a solution by ordering color matched bumper plugs with great effect. You simply drill a larger hole in the bumper, pop the plug in and it looks 99% better. The web site is www. bumperplugs . c o m (no spaces).

Ray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.