Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my new matrix on oct 2004, and found that the steering is slanted left, the fresh mode aircon is not working, i have to bear the smell while driving, a week I send to service, ok the steering had rectify, but the fresh mode seems working all the way fresh even I OFF it, therfore I check to see if the filter is working, .. surprise to note that there is no filter, upset i have to bear the fresh mode is not working. anybody can advice?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by curtiskhor@Nov 10 2004, 09:09 AM
I had my new matrix on oct 2004, and found that the steering is slanted left, the fresh mode aircon is not working, i have to bear the smell while driving, a week I send to service, ok the steering had rectify, but the fresh mode seems working all the way fresh even I OFF it, therfore I check to see if the filter is working, .. surprise to note that there is no filter, upset i have to bear the fresh mode is not working. anybody can advice?
[snapback]2556[/snapback]​

Hi Curtis
Fresh mode means the Circulation button? By default light oOFF means outside air will circulate into your car.So you have to press to switch ON to stop air from coming in.
is that the one?
Maybe some short circuit had caused it to remain OFF.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same thing happens when I forget to turn fresh mode button on (which actually closes outside air intake, so proper term when you turn it on is "off"). Now my habit to push the button after I turn on airconditioner.

No filter? Hey, it should have one or you reallyk muck up your evaporator. My aircon started having a weak air discharge so I suspected recirculating air was being blocked by a clogged aircon filter. It was blocked almost solid and after replacing it at my dealer, airconditioner is cooling at full strength again.

Suggest you replace it yearly if you drive in dusty conditions or dirty city air.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Matrix being sold in Singapore do not come with Aircon filters. They have to be purchased at own cost. They can be purchased at several places e.g. Song Yi, Tong Lee Wee and Vision. Supposed to come in different grades. Prices range from $20 to $40.

It's advisable to get the filter. It doesn't come stock due to some strange reason that doesn't make sense so I won't bother to quote it here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, strange that filter does not come standard when there is a receptacle for it, but as you said, no need to explain and just buy one as it is worth the protection it gives your airconditioner.

S$40 is more like price I had to pay for replacement, in Philippine pesos with exchange rate of 33 pesos to S$1.

:glare:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts