Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to start with another thread for Canadian owners as it is different than the U.S version. The U.S update was released for $25 usd a few weeks ago, I’ve been checking periodically and finally the update just came out today for $30 cad plus shipping. For anyone who’s interested in the update you can purchase it now at their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oops my mistake, this is actually cheaper compared to what I paid for two weeks ago at $25 usd plus $20 usd shipping fees. Total price shipped to Canada are just slightly over $50 cad and I choose the standard USPS shipping instead of Fedex. Hopefully this info will help those that are in need of a map update, I have never seen it this cheap before so I would jump on it before the limited time offer are gone!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im debating whether or not to order, as the other site Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website says its supposed to be free soon. However, on some of the vehicles on MapnSoft, you can already download for free
You are correct, MapnSoft rep have told me that a free download will be available at a later time but I’m not sure when. For $50 cad I didn’t bother as it is easier in my case.

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
27 Posts
@DINO2K Have you done your map update yet? I was wondering how it affects navi, bluetooth and audio settings (previous destinations, home addresses, phone numbers, phonebook contacts, radio presets, etc) Do they get erased during the map software update procedure?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@DINO2K Have you done your map update yet? I was wondering how it affects navi, bluetooth and audio settings (previous destinations, home addresses, phone numbers, phonebook contacts, radio presets, etc) Do they get erased during the map software update procedure?
I’m still waiting for it to arrive and the USPS update have been stalling since May 31 but I’m guessing it will arrive by tomorrow or possibly Monday. Once I do the update I will provide feedback, not expecting it to be a smooth sailing as I haven’t done the map update since I bought the vehicle new almost 6 years ago

·
Registered
2017 SF LWB AWD
12 Posts
I’m still waiting for it to arrive and the USPS update have been stalling since May 31 but I’m guessing it will arrive by tomorrow or possibly Monday. Once I do the update I will provide feedback, not expecting it to be a smooth sailing as I haven’t done the map update since I bought the vehicle new almost 6 years

I had no problem updating my 2017 Santa Fe. Installed SD card drove followed instructions drove to work, it was done in about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had no problem updating my 2017 Santa Fe. Installed SD card drove followed instructions drove to work, it was done in about 30 minutes.
Awesome, glad it went well and can’t wait to do mine soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
27 Posts
Just received my map update. I'll try to get it installed this weekend. The instructions look straight forward with warnings about the possibility of losing preset radio stations and saved addresses. Takes 20-35 minutes with vehicle running.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received my map update. I'll try to get it installed this weekend. The instructions look straight forward with warnings about the possibility of losing preset radio stations and saved addresses. Takes 20-35 minutes with vehicle running.
Funny I just got mine delivered today after more than a month waiting to cross the border, installed it earlier and no issue at all. It retained saved address and favourite location, radio presets but my Sirius satellite radio will need to be preset all the stations again. I like the fact that I put in reverse the radio lower the volume and back to normal when put back in drive. Haven’t really notice much difference for a 5 year gap since I haven’t updated since new, definitely worth the $50 investment imo.

Reactions: cowpretzels

·
Registered
171 Posts
Funny I just got mine delivered today after more than a month waiting to cross the border
My tracking FINALLY updated yesterday from June 5th leaving the USA to arriving in Mississauga yesterday. Its taking the long route for me, as it now has to backtrack an 18 hour drive back west to me. Says July 8th it should be here. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My tracking FINALLY updated yesterday from June 5th leaving the USA to arriving in Mississauga yesterday. Its taking the long route for me, as it now has to backtrack an 18 hour drive back west to me. Says July 8th it should be here. Looking forward to it.
Ah, Canada Post. Took 'em three weeks to XpressPost something I ordered from Richmond to Montreal.

Blame COVID...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ah, Canada Post. Took 'em three weeks to XpressPost something I ordered from Richmond to Montreal.

Blame COVID...
My buddy ordering something that was 50km away from him in southern Ontario. Took a month to get it.

·
Registered
2017 Santa Fe XL Luxury
27 Posts
Mine took a month and I installed it today. Very easy to do and no issues with saved addresses etc. I do like the reduced radio volume when in reverse gear.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine took a month and I installed it today. Very easy to do and no issues with saved addresses etc. I do like the reduced radio volume when in reverse gear.
Awesome, glad to hear it worked out for you as well. Enjoy the new map

1 - 17 of 17 Posts