Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curiously enough, I noticed today that the v12 maps are available for just about all models - except for the 2018s. Curious?

Has anyone else updated? It looks like it's mostly just typical routing updates and new roads, etc.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There are two downloadable PDFs. One of them details the compatible vehicles and the 2018 SFS is included. But even if it weren't specifically, the 2018 version is the same as the 2017 version, so the update will work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm most interested in the Apple CarPlay bug fixes. However I don't want to shell out $219 for this update. Hyundai should offer free upgrades to the system from the My Hyundai site. It's how I got Apple CarPlay added to my 2017 SFS when it became available.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm most interested in the Apple CarPlay bug fixes. However I don't want to shell out $219 for this update. Hyundai should offer free upgrades to the system from the My Hyundai site. It's how I got Apple CarPlay added to my 2017 SFS when it became available.
I believe in order to get free software updates you have to have a current Blue Link Guidance subscription (although there are currently no updates on the My Hyundai site for my 2018). At $99 per year if there is at least one update per year, subscribing to the Guidance service seems to be worth it for the update feature alone.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to the people at (Hyundai) MapNSoft, all 2018 models have MapCare, which is why it does not allow us to buy an update. However, I still have not gotten a response from my salesperson as to how you go about getting the free upgrade.

Apparently Hyundai hasn't published anything yet for the dealers? Go figure.

My read is that all US 2018 models with navigation are eligible for four updates over the first five years. We'll see (not?) soon enough.

Reactions: danprime47

·
Registered
389 Posts
According to the people at (Hyundai) MapNSoft, all 2018 models have MapCare, which is why it does not allow us to buy an update. However, I still have not gotten a response from my salesperson as to how you go about getting the free upgrade.

My read is that all US 2018 models with navigation are eligible for four updates over the first five years. We'll see (not?) soon enough.
Hope it's true. I looked at the sales tag on mine and it doesn't say anything about the MapCare and I like having the system up-to-date . . . especially since TXDOT is working on the highways and roads here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe in order to get free software updates you have to have a current Blue Link Guidance subscription (although there are currently no updates on the My Hyundai site for my 2018). At $99 per year if there is at least one update per year, subscribing to the Guidance service seems to be worth it for the update feature alone.

I have 2017 SFS all the blue link subscriptions are up to date whee do I look for map updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts

According to Hyundai's press release, free map updates for three years will be available via your My Hyundai page so long as you maintain your bluelink guidance package subscription.
Hyundai Newsroom

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yep, I found the same article on Hyundainews.com, but the fact remains that the v12 map update is available, yet dealers don't know poop about the 2018 MapCare and if you log into MyHyundai there is no map update(s).

In fact for me, at least, there is no "Downloads" link on that page at all, and of course owning a MY18 SFS my BlueLink subscription is paid up for about 30 months with current expiration shown as 15-October-2020.

The way the article reads, "free" updates should be available as long as you keep your BlueLink active/paid. That's not exactly free after three years, but included.

·
Registered
389 Posts
On my 2013, I kept Bluelink paid up and there was no mention of free updates. The dealer said nothing about it for the 2018. Argh.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On my 2013, I kept Bluelink paid up and there was no mention of free updates. The dealer said nothing about it for the 2018. Argh.
The v12 maps are available for download now at MapNsoft.com - there are no free updates ("MapCare") for them. Only 2018 and assumed later years.

I still have not gotten an answer from my dealer. There are obvious advantages to being more than 100 miles away, but sometimes it is a PITA. I will be headed to the mountains on the weekend of the 7/8th, so I might do a driveby.

Reactions: danprime47

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anything share FIRMWARE update for Santa FE DM 2015? I don't need map, I need only firmware for recover my breaked unit

·
Registered
11 Posts
So has anyone with a 2018 gotten a map update? I can't find how to get it anywhere for my 2018.

I need to check the version number, but whatever is on my vehicle is at least 3 years old, a major roadway (that I travel frequently) is not on there, and it was completed early 2016.

I am going to call them tomorrow and see what the deal is on getting it updated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Figured it out, just ended up going to mapnsoft.com/hyundai/mapcare and registered there with my vin and serial number from the radio and downloaded the update.
Was a little hard to find the site, but once I found it, it went smoothly (just takes a while to download, it is a 11 gig file and a slow server).

·
Registered
441 Posts
So has anyone with a 2018 gotten a map update? I can't find how to get it anywhere for my 2018.

I need to check the version number, but whatever is on my vehicle is at least 3 years old, a major roadway (that I travel frequently) is not on there, and it was completed early 2016.

I am going to call them tomorrow and see what the deal is on getting it updated.
There is a problem with the 2018 Santa Fe Sport updates.

If you were to download & install the update to the SD card with the latest version (12.5) file, the NAV system will post an error message that the "SD card is incompatible..." when it is inserted in the SUV itself.

In my direct conversations with Hyundai...they indicated that the downloadable and SD card files reflect only the long body version NAV maps. This confusion/mixup came as a result of their 2019 renaming of the Sport model to just the Santa Fe.

Hyundai is working to correct the problem, so that the 2018 owners (who get 3 years of free map updates) can download the correct update file.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts