Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same issue. What does it mean?
Got this email today
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The way we store the vehicle data in our website varies slightly from the 'marketing' name given to certain vehicles by the manufacturer. In the case of the Santa Fe there are two options:

5 Passenger = Sport
7 Passenger = Long Body / XL

So long as your vehicle has 2 rows of seats and space for 5 passengers, then the vehicle will be considered a 'Sport' on our site. That will not break anything or keep the map update from working.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Angel

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anybody completed this with the car turned off? I doubt the battery would die in 30 mins. It just seems crazy to let the car idle. I wonder if this update can be done while driving?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did the previous update while driving, and it worked fine. Just don't turn the ignition off in the middle of the update.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did mine with the engine off in the garage. It was my first attempt and didn't know the duration and the process. Good to know it can be done while driving. Note, I'm not advocating distraction driving 😁

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did mine today. Bought a $7 sd card (32gb 10X) at Amazon, downloaded to that using software from mapinsoft, saved original sd card and installed using new sd and it worked fine. Don't restart anything, let it restart itself. Did run the engine. Took about 25 minutes. All saved places were there (all two) as I just got the car in August. Biggest problem was I couldn't figure how to cancel map guidance. You guys helped with that, hold pause for a few seconds or voice command cancel route. Thank you for the info in this forum. I have an ultimate and REALLY like the car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What does a yellow color road represent? The red and green colors are obvious. I looked around and it doesn't represent average traffic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What does a yellow color road represent? The red and green colors are obvious. I looked around and it doesn't represent average traffic.
Typically yellow means slowdown, some traffic....while red typically means stopped/heavy traffic. But these maps are updated with radio signals which are good, but not updated quite as often as Google's method, so your experience may vary from the colors.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Funny, my dealer’s service writers insist that it can only be done in the shop. I’ll have to climb onto the manager’s back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I did mine today. Bought a $7 sd card (32gb 10X) at Amazon, downloaded to that using software from mapinsoft, saved original sd card and installed using new sd and it worked fine. Don't restart anything, let it restart itself. Did run the engine. Took about 25 minutes. All saved places were there (all two) as I just got the car in August. Biggest problem was I couldn't figure how to cancel map guidance. You guys helped with that, hold pause for a few seconds or voice command cancel route. Thank you for the info in this forum. I have an ultimate and REALLY like the car.
I want to thank @rotor43 for suggesting to do the map update using a new 32GB SD card, keeping the original Hyundai card as a backup in case something goes wrong with the update. The MnSOFT Map Downloader programs a new, bank card the same as the original Hyundai card. I did the in-car part of the update while driving, instead of letting the car idle for 25 minutes.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts