Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just finished the update and it worked fine. Last night while it was writing to the SD card it was taking a long time so I went to bed. When I awoke this morning, I pulled the SD card and went to the car. After the 20 minute process of loading, I got the authentication failed message. When I went back to the computer I saw the next window saying that the next step after writing the SD card was authentication. I missed that the first time and redid the whole process again INCLUDING authentication. When I put the SD card into the car. it launched the NAV system and the map started right up as it had already downloaded the maps the first time I tried. This time though, the SD card was authenticated.
It's cool that they added a few extra buttons but sadly it still does not project on the HUD display. I was hoping for that.
BTW, I did do it with the engine on as I didn't want to take any chances!
Thanks for mentioning this the authentication. I also went to bed while the files were copying to the SD Card and because of your message here, I knew to make sure that the authentication was done. I couldn't find a release notes document so I pulled this off the mapnsoft website:
  • 7.7 million miles of roads across North America (including Puerto Rico)
  • Almost 900,000 restaurants
  • 2.2 million Shops
  • Total almost 11 million points of interest
*Select Models

Update and get the latest software improvements.*
Examples Include:
  • Unified search box
  • The latest Android Auto/Apple CarPlay update
  • Enhanced user interface
  • Updated map display
  • Check out the New Features list for your specific vehicle by using the drop down menu to the left
  • Select Models

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Another no go. MapnSoft should get my email today with my issue. Oh well.
After sending a screen shot of my system info Mapnsoft responded immediately and said they fixed something on their end. I followed the instructions again and it worked perfectly immediately. If you have difficulty a quick email to them and they can provide resolution quickly. Their customer service was excellent.

·
Registered
223 Posts
updated today. took about 30 minutes, much faster then last update.

last update booted right into update mode for an hour when I turn on the vehicle, this time it did a short "update" on start then gave me an "invalid sd card" after it displayed the home screen - I moved to the advanced screen and selected "update" it did its thing.

I don't start my engine - never had an issue either time.

noticed a new feature, can't recall the name but it only plays the front speakers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished the update and it worked fine. Last night while it was writing to the SD card it was taking a long time so I went to bed. When I awoke this morning, I pulled the SD card and went to the car. After the 20 minute process of loading, I got the authentication failed message. When I went back to the computer I saw the next window saying that the next step after writing the SD card was authentication. I missed that the first time and redid the whole process again INCLUDING authentication. When I put the SD card into the car. it launched the NAV system and the map started right up as it had already downloaded the maps the first time I tried. This time though, the SD card was authenticated.
It's cool that they added a few extra buttons but sadly it still does not project on the HUD display. I was hoping for that.
BTW, I did do it with the engine on as I didn't want to take any chances!
I redid everything as you did above and it still didn't work so off to the dealer Monday.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I see the instruction PDF says the SD will be reformat. Can the update be install on a brand new SD card? Just want the original back in case the update fails.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I see the instruction PDF says the SD will be reformat. Can the update be install on a brand new SD card? Just want the original back in case the update fails.
I would get a new SD card (or microSD with an adapter) for the update, keep the original as a backup.
I used my original Hyundai SD card from my first update to then do this second update.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I created image of the original then restored the image to another SD card. The installer only asked for delete all files confirmation instead of format. But at around 1X% (last check was 10%), the display turned off, got the screen on again, then saw a message box about unable to write the specified sector. I tried to reformat but it locked up; I ejected then reinserted the SD card, formatted it to FAT32. Retried the install to SD, with fingers crossed, after maybe an hour later, the install finished successfully and authenticated ok.

It seems it will accept a new SD for install. Not sure if it will take larger than 32GB. If you have problem during install, disable the computer display off and sleep, and don't use the computer.

Too late to try on the SF tonight since I don't know how long it will take. I will report the car install result tomorrow.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I placed an order (free) through Mapnsoft for 13.5. It allowed me to download a file but I cannot open it on my MAC. Sent this email to Mapnsoft...

I have a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate in Canada with Map Version 11.41.51.601.101.2. I went through the free order process for the latest map update. The file (MnSOFT Map Downloader.application) was downloaded to my MAC computer but I cannot do anything with it. It is not recognized as a valid application or file and will not open. I think I need a DMG file.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Updated this morning. It is more than just map update - all the version numbers have changed.
I encountered a snag. The first time the system accessed the SD card, it prompted card not compatible or error and got stuck. I powered off car, removed and reinserted the card, powered on, then the update confirmation appeared.

·
Registered
188 Posts
...The file (MnSOFT Map Downloader.application) was downloaded to my MAC computer but I cannot do anything with it. It is not recognized as a valid application or file and will not open. I think I need a DMG file.
You don't meet the requirement. It should work with a brand new 32GB SD card, it doesn't have to be the one from the car.

REQUIREMENTS:
▪ Windows 7 PC or newer with at least 20 GB of free space (mobile
smartphone devices and iOS systems are not compatible for downloading
software)
▪ Windows PC with an SD card slot or SD card reader
▪ The Current vehicle SD card located in vehicle SD card slot
▪ Internet connection (download time will vary based on download speed)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mapnsoft’s website also show’s how to download to a MAC computer and that is what I followed. Still waiting for their response to my question.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Found somebody with a Windows PC and downloaded 13.5 to a new 32 GB SD card. With the engine running, I inserted it in the top of the Nav unit and the installation started automatically... took about 25 min. to complete. I did not lose any radio presets or saved locations. All is well.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts