Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well if you go to the Hyundai site it suggests to download it today. Problem has been for some time the place to make a new order isn’t highlighted so as no one can get the download. Anybody have success yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called today and was told that the software for the Santa Fe is not yet ready for download. Keep on checking.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That site for US models. It states "If your vehicle is from Canada, please register at our Hyundai Canada Website". Do US and CAN models get the same map?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if you go to the Hyundai site it suggests to download it today. Problem has been for some time the place to make a new order isn’t highlighted so as no one can get the download. Anybody have success yet?
I downloaded the new 13.5 update today. Download fine, install fine on original SD card, place in car, update complete. Then the infamous “ failed to authenticate navigation”. So a quick email to mapnsoft and we shall see what’s next.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I downloaded the new 13.5 update today. Download fine, install fine on original SD card, place in car, update complete. Then the infamous “ failed to authenticate navigation”. So a quick email to mapnsoft and we shall see what’s next.
[/QU
I had the same exact problem. I'm trying a reinstall again to see if that helps. Might end up going through a tank of gas before I'm done :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I’m looking forward to updating someday, BUT how bad could the old version be in a car that’s barely one year old. In other words, what’s the rush?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I know it is free 2 updates per year for 5 years. But do dealers charge labor for the update. Presumably they have a faster method.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just finished the update and it worked fine. Last night while it was writing to the SD card it was taking a long time so I went to bed. When I awoke this morning, I pulled the SD card and went to the car. After the 20 minute process of loading, I got the authentication failed message. When I went back to the computer I saw the next window saying that the next step after writing the SD card was authentication. I missed that the first time and redid the whole process again INCLUDING authentication. When I put the SD card into the car. it launched the NAV system and the map started right up as it had already downloaded the maps the first time I tried. This time though, the SD card was authenticated.
It's cool that they added a few extra buttons but sadly it still does not project on the HUD display. I was hoping for that.
BTW, I did do it with the engine on as I didn't want to take any chances!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't see them using Android Auto. Using the car Nav, I see them too.
I don't think google or apple would cooperate with Hyundai to incorporate turn direction on the hud, Hyundai would have to write this independently, I would like to see this as well as police warnings in waze.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just finished the update and it worked fine. Last night while it was writing to the SD card it was taking a long time so I went to bed. When I awoke this morning, I pulled the SD card and went to the car. After the 20 minute process of loading, I got the authentication failed message. When I went back to the computer I saw the next window saying that the next step after writing the SD card was authentication. I missed that the first time and redid the whole process again INCLUDING authentication. When I put the SD card into the car. it launched the NAV system and the map started right up as it had already downloaded the maps the first time I tried. This time though, the SD card was authenticated.
It's cool that they added a few extra buttons but sadly it still does not project on the HUD display. I was hoping for that.
BTW, I did do it with the engine on as I didn't want to take any chances!
I’m starting the process again. Here we go. Thanks for your post.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts