Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick heads up for those with the built-in navi option in the Sonata:

From the Map&Soft website (https://www.mapnsoft.com/news_detail.asp?name=news&id=59)
<<
The new map update for the Hyundai Sonata have been released and are available for purchase.

Applicable model years are as follows:
2008, 2009, 2010 model years.

The map update is in DVD format and takes approximately 90 minutes to update.

The newest map version is now version 3.##.##
Please check your vehicle to see if you have the newest map version.
>>

I sent them a note asking for any information on the update (outside the obvious new POI, phone numbers, and addresses). The last update only came out 7 months ago which is really unusual for them. Historically, they've been releasing the updates every 12 months or so. What is rather annoying is they still don't have a reduced price for those that have previously bought an update from them. If you paid for every update they've sold thus far, you'd have spent $600 by now. That's a tad steep to try to keep your navi maps current.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I refuse to pay that much and rather use my HTC Evo that has like 5 navigation programs.
They need to reduce their price by at least half.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
QUOTE (i360 @ Sep 15 2010, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356419
I refuse to pay that much and rather use my HTC Evo that has like 5 navigation programs.
They need to reduce their price by at least half.
**** yeah! Google Nav is much better! The **** Hyundai nav is too buggy... Someone should hack it and put android on there :banana:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (riceR @ Sep 15 2010, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356423
**** yeah! Google Nav is much better! The **** Hyundai nav is too buggy... Someone should hack it and put android on there :banana:
I have bought one of the updates and the information on the dvd suggests the navi is a Windows CE device. As for the bugginess, the original was, but the updates they've been releasing don't just include updating map info, but also bug fixes.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
QUOTE (nstuff @ Sep 15 2010, 01:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356425
I have bought one of the updates and the information on the dvd suggests the navi is a Windows CE device. As for the bugginess, the original was, but the updates they've been releasing don't just include updating map info, but also bug fixes.
Yeah, it is Windows CE or at least Windows based... I get a "fatal error" every once in a while that requires me to "click" ok and it restarts. IIRC I have the second update... 2009 map? can't remember.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Sep 15 2010, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356423
**** yeah! Google Nav is much better! The **** Hyundai nav is too buggy...:banana:
It has sent me the wrong way a couple of times. It even started spazzing out once where it kept telling me to turn left, turn right...
Its also too chatty sometimes...

I dunno, I do regret buying it and should have went aftermarket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (i360 @ Sep 15 2010, 06:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356485
It has sent me the wrong way a couple of times. It even started spazzing out once where it kept telling me to turn left, turn right...
Its also too chatty sometimes...

I dunno, I do regret buying it and should have went aftermarket.
they responded back to my inquiry and confirmed how they've always responded... basically they don't know anything other than the updated map content. They did say that the next release will come out around this time next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone purchased and installed a Map N Soft update. For the past 3 years I have been searching forums trying to find out if there is any real value to buying this expensive update. I have not found anyone who has purchased it and given an assessment. I have a 2008 Santa Fe and have called them too. They certainly don't seem to be depending on us to make a living. They don't even try to give you any information as to the value of the update compared to what you have. I would hate to spend $199 only to find a few more McDonald's locations have been added. Supposedly a new update came out 9/23/11.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts