Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I am getting conflicting info, can anyone provide a definitive answer on this please?

As I understand, current 2010 Santa Fe customer incentives include either:

* $1,000 customer cash back (4/1/2010 - 4/30/2010), or
* Special APR Financing. As low as 3.9% APR for 60 mos, 4.9% for 72 mos PLUS $1,500 Bonus Cash (4/1/2010 - 4/30/2010)

I have been told by several dealers there also exists a current 2010 Santa Fe manufacturer to dealer incentives of $1000 dealer cash (4/1/2010 - 4/30/2010).

One local dealer insists that If I opt to finance and receive the $1500 customer finance cash, the dealer is forced to forfeit the current $1000 manufacturer to dealer cash. For example, this dealer may sell for $27,000 cash after rebate, but will not sell for $26,500 after customer finance cash if I finance. A second dealer disagrees, and claims if I finance I get the $1500 and they keep the $1000 manufacturer to dealer cash. Not only that, they actually get a bit of additional benefit if I finances.

I would like to clear up this confusion. It doesn't seem to be based on dealer location necessarily, as all are same state within an hour or two of each other. So which is it? I asked this question on Edmunds forum with no replies. If you prefer to PM rather than post here publicly, I'll keep your identity in confidence.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Having just read the "Hyundai finance statements" for Sante Fe 2010 it states that the $1000. rebate can not be used with any of the low apr finance offers.
See this at this address.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financial-tools/...ial-offers.aspx

As I read it, it is one or the other, not both as we would all like.

As to what individual dealers do or interpert this to mean depends on what discount they are willing to give.

hope you can get both as it would be a real good deal.

Let us all know how it works out.

Glen

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Glen, I am aware that a consumer cannot combine or receive both the current $1000 consumer rebate and the current $1500 consumer finance cash. That was not my question.

The question is whether the dealer loses their $1000 manufacturer to dealer cash when the consumer chooses to finance with HMF and receives the $1500 consumer finance cash incentive.

Anyone?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I believe the mystery has been solved. I called a number of other dealers in the state to check inventory and posed the question. They all said they would not lose their dealer cash incentive regardless of whether I paid cash (and received the the $1000 consumer rebate) or financed through HMF (and received the $1500 consumer finance cash incentive. Armed with that information, I spoke with the original dealer that was insisting differently. After further review, it was determined that in our dealer territory, a dealer does indeed lose the manufacturer to dealer incentive in those instances where a consumer elects to finance with HMF and when a special 0% financing is offered by HMF and elected by the consumer. In the event a consumer elects to use a special 'low interest rate financing' offer by HMF, such as is currently offered in my region for Santa Fe's, the dealer will retain the manufacturer to dealer cash. Of course, this may vary by region so YMMV.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (dholly @ Apr 24 2010, 05:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316272
Well, I believe the mystery has been solved. I called a number of other dealers in the state to check inventory and posed the question. They all said they would not lose their dealer cash incentive regardless of whether I paid cash (and received the the $1000 consumer rebate) or financed through HMF (and received the $1500 consumer finance cash incentive. Armed with that information, I spoke with the original dealer that was insisting differently. After further review, it was determined that in our dealer territory, a dealer does indeed lose the manufacturer to dealer incentive in those instances where a consumer elects to finance with HMF and when a special 0% financing is offered by HMF and elected by the consumer. In the event a consumer elects to use a special 'low interest rate financing' offer by HMF, such as is currently offered in my region for Santa Fe's, the dealer will retain the manufacturer to dealer cash. Of course, this may vary by region so YMMV.
Glad to hear you have the mystery solved.

Glen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts