Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thru the manual on my 2011 Sonata Limited w/Nav and do not see how I can manually add contacts into the media center. I see where it can do an auto-sync with certain phones (not mine, of course) but the Contacts button is not activated/highlighted so I'm left wondering how I can do it.

I know I can enter data into My Places but it then requires addresses and doesn't seem to correspond to Contacts.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (bobski @ Nov 1 2010, 04:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368056
I've been thru the manual on my 2011 Sonata Limited w/Nav and do not see how I can manually add contacts into the media center. I see where it can do an auto-sync with certain phones (not mine, of course) but the Contacts button is not activated/highlighted so I'm left wondering how I can do it.

I know I can enter data into My Places but it then requires addresses and doesn't seem to correspond to Contacts.

Any suggestions?
As far as I know, you cannot do this. LTD w NAV= Infinity system. It does not have that function. Cars without NAV do have that function according to posts on this forum.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was thinking, you can add their location to your navigation and then you can assign a phone number for them. I am pretty sure that will work.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My ltd syncs up with my phone every so often, so If I update my phone it gets added or deleted at that time.....

It should work on all phones because it had to sync with your phone originally to get the contacts loaded......

Or am I out in left field somewhere??

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Nov 1 2010, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368099
My ltd syncs up with my phone every so often, so If I update my phone it gets added or deleted at that time.....

It should work on all phones because it had to sync with your phone originally to get the contacts loaded......

Or am I out in left field somewhere??
Limited's with NAV Sync every time you get in the car after a full shut down. They don't store contacts and just re-sync the added ones. I think the non NAV systems do that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Nov 1 2010, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368115
Limited's with NAV Sync every time you get in the car after a full shut down. They don't store contacts and just re-sync the added ones. I think the non NAV systems do that.

I haven't tried it but I believe you can add contacts manually. You can also turn off the contacts auto-sync feature if you don't like it. I have seen it under the menu.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (tway @ Dec 3 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376812
I haven't tried it but I believe you can add contacts manually. You can also turn off the contacts auto-sync feature if you don't like it. I have seen it under the menu.
In a Limited with NAV? I don't see that option anywhere. Please elaborate on exactly how to do this.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Dec 3 2010, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376815
In a Limited with NAV? I don't see that option anywhere. Please elaborate on exactly how to do this.

I just save someones phone number that was not listed in my cell phone phonebook. I saved their physical location with the nav, there you can rename the saved location and add a phone number for that person.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Dec 3 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376820
I just save someones phone number that was not listed in my cell phone phonebook. I saved their physical location with the nav, there you can rename the saved location and add a phone number for that person.
Joeey -
thanks for the post. I am aware of the "work around" by storing a named location.

My comment was directed to the poster (tway) that is claiming you can disable auto-sync and save contacts. That may be true on NON-NAV units, but I am pretty certain that it cannot be done in a Limited with NAV. If that exists, I am waiting for the details. I suspect that it cannot be done.

The OP's question was specifically about Limited with Nav.

·
Registered
724 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Nov 1 2010, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368115
Hmm interesting ... I was basing my comment on actually seeing the screen tell me it is syncing with the droid and I don't see that happen all the time, just every now and then.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
contacts added automatically when I paired my phone but they entered last name first...changed it on my iphone but can't change it on the contacts screen on the nav. anyone know how it can be fixed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Dec 4 2010, 11:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=376903
Joeey -
thanks for the post. I am aware of the "work around" by storing a named location.

My comment was directed to the poster (tway) that is claiming you can disable auto-sync and save contacts. That may be true on NON-NAV units, but I am pretty certain that it cannot be done in a Limited with NAV. If that exists, I am waiting for the details. I suspect that it cannot be done.

The OP's question was specifically about Limited with Nav.

Sorry..It took so long to respond. You need to go to phones and press the settings button. Then go to Advanced setup, then Contacts Sync. You can turn auto sync on and off now. This is on a Limited NAV system. I just checked it right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts