Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed for the past 8 months or so , when I have my HVAC blower set to max(4) it will intermittently change pitch (higher) and the air flow out of the vents increases.

This happens intermittently.. If you guys don't mind, and you keep this issue in the back of your minds when you are running your blower motor at max and listen and feel of the air flow increases intermittently also ..

Thanks

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,294 Posts
Here's a little experiment to try :
Set the blower on MAX.
Cruise down the road and listen to the pitch of the blower.
Now plant your right foot fully on the throttle....the pitch gets lower.
Lift your foot completely off the throttle....the pitch gets higher.

What your listening to is the smart charging system at work. When you place a high load on the engine (full throttle acceleration), the alternator switches off causing the supply voltage to the blower to drop, which in turn causes the blower to slow down. When you lift your foot off the throttle, the load on the engine is reduced causing the alternator to switch back on, which in turn causes the blower to speed up.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
That's normal.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mine does too. This is normal? Kind of annoying. Makes me think something is wrong with the AC system!
Did you try what autospark suggested?

Nothing is wrong with your car, it's just your car trying to save you:
1) gas
2) months-years of battery life
3) and ultimately money.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have never driven a car that does this this drastically. I can be cruising at 35-40 and it does it. I dont have to floor the pedal for it to happen

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,294 Posts
I dont have to floor the pedal for it to happen
No, but flooring the pedal will force it to happen.

There is more involved in the control logic than how hard your pressing on the pedal, so it will happen in response to other events the engine PCM is monitoring too.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have never driven a car that does this this drastically. I can be cruising at 35-40 and it does it. I dont have to floor the pedal for it to happen
Cool. Kinda.. at least it's not just my car... And the same happens to mine, I will have my cruise control on doing like 80 km and it does it too..

I am trying to scope out a electrical outlet volt meter and l'll keep an eye on the voltage level and see if I can notice any trend ..

Thanks all for your feedback

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wish they would have explained this in owners manual. It acts like there is a problem as I have never experienced this in a car before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The blower motor could be starting to go that's what mine did and I rebuilt my blower motor twice before replacing it because Hyundai didn't have any in stock the shunts are kind of weak in my opinion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts