Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2013 Accent hatchback with the six speed STANDARD transmission. We are planning to go south for the winter and I intend to pull the Accent behind our class C motorhome. (We pulled a TDI Jetta, standard tranny, behind the motorhome, for a number of years.)

Over the weekend we installed the Blue Ox baseplate and you can see this in the attached picture. This is a permanent installation and I am using the Blue Ox baseplate because I have a Blue Ox towbar. The towbar connects to the two outer pull points and the inner connections are for the safety chains. This is a very strong baseplate and it protects the front of the car, attaching to the frame and the front steel bumper, behind the fascia.

Now I need to wire in lights to the back of the Accent. I bought a Blue Ox kit that installs a seperate dual filament tail/brake/turn bulb in each rear light housings. The new wiring does not connect to the Accent's wiring in any way.

Question is: Any suggestions on routing the wires from the front of the car to the rear? Eventually the wires will be connected to the motorhome.

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
If you ever decide to sell this car, please make sure you keep a log of the miles the car rolled while be towed by your RV. Your odometer might say low miles but a TOAD vehicle is easy to spot. If I was in a situation where the car was being sold as low miles but was clearly towed across country is false advertisement. Just my two-cents on TOAD vehicles.

I'd also apply some sort of leather bra or clear film over the front bumper and hood because the rocks/pebbles getting kicked up will scratch the car.

As for wiring, I would probably run the wires under the vehicle, next to the brake lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts