Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new 2013 santa fe limited owner, 2nd hyundai. Haggled with the dealer until I got the price we wanted and somehow got them to throw in a 5 year maintenance deal with 4 oil changes a year that include all the dealer goodies like fluid fill, diagnostic checks and tire rotations. Wondered if anyone else got this deal and why it isn't mentioned more often? I'd figure it'd be a major selling point.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Each dealer offers their own promos and some have nothing. I have heard free oil changes for life and powertrain warranty for life if you use them for all service. The problem is that now you are basically stuck using them for service and I can almost guarantee that the guy with free service waits longer than paying customers. There are also likely many things not covered. I bought my car in TX and the dealers did not offer any incentives like this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I made sure to ask was if I could use it at any Hyundai dealership, they said if it was part of the parent group I didn't have to pay and that with the others I would get reimbursed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They can actually be good deals, with two things to consider: You usually have to go back to the dealership for service, and you need to watch out for "upsells". Just tell them you stick with the factory maintenance items and schedule, and nothing else. especially flushes and chemical cleans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts