Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, kinda kicking myself today at the moment. Had an appointment to get my exhaust done up today, I bought the Magnaflow #12255 muffler and a nice set of tips as a few other members here have bought. However, at my appointment today the guy looked at the muffler in the box, and immediately said it was too long.

He then showed me the Magnaflow catalogue..The #12255 (what I bought) is 18" long with 3" inlet/outlet on each side for a total of 24"

He told me I should have bought #12225, which is 14" long with 3" inlet/outlet for a total of 20"

Has anyone else successfully had the #12255 installed? I asked so many questions before buying this muffler, and seeing that others on here had it installed with no problems..Did I misread a digit? or should I take it to another shop?

Clearly the #12255 is a lot longer.

Thanks..

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know in the pic the muffler looks like it will not fit. However, I went off other members words when buying the muffler and specifically the model #12255 as they said..would just like some confirmation before I sell this and rebuy...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine has a rear bumper spoiler which had to be cut to fit the exhaust ill pass you some pics so you can check it out when I get home

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yes I know in the pic the muffler looks like it will not fit. However, I went off other members words when buying the muffler and specifically the model #12255 as they said..would just like some confirmation before I sell this and rebuy...

I don't understand how you ended up with a 3" in/out muffler??
The Magnaflow 12255 is a 2.25" in/out muffler. I have the 12255 muffler on my car. The muffler body is 18" long, total length 24". The installer had more than enough room to install it, I showed him how I wanted it!!

Clearly the GT is slightly shorter in the rear than the sedan, but any good installer should have no problem mounting the muffler up

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3" LONG inlet/outlet is what I mean. It is 2.25" in diameter. So you have the 12255 installed? can you get a pic of it from underneath?

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought this would be doable without the rear diffuser, as AAAACENT had the 12255 installed on his GT with quad tips and he didn't have a diffuser.. Anyways, thanks for the thread! what did you use to do the cut out?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Anyways, thanks for the thread! what did you use to do the cut out?
Your welcome... I used a Dremel with a cut off wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help

I have a 2013Elantra Coupe 1.8L 4cyl and I want to change the muffler on it. I'm thinking on getting a Magnaflow 12255. do I have to do something before installing the new muffler or what other parts do I need?

also thinking about getting a K&N filter, thoughts about it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts