Hyundai Forums banner

MAF connector plug

12K views 45 replies 3 participants last post by  midgemidge1 
#1 ·
2006 Hyundai Tucson crdi 2.0 vgt does anyone have what colour wires go into the 5 pin MAF connector plug

#35 ·
How did it run before dropping into limp mode? Did blocking the EGR make it start & run better? Less smoke?

The MAF sensor is used to provide feedback about the operation of the EGR system to the PCM. With the system blocked there will be no change in mass air flow when the PCM is commanding the EGR valve open, which might be the cause of the MAF trouble code.

#36 ·
I forgot that I had another egr valve what a garage let me have years ago when they changed the old egr valve, it works %100, there was a bit of blue smoke at first when it warmed up it stopped, then wouldn't accelerate above 3 to 4000 revs ( I think) I wasn't taking much notice, I have an idea that a injector is not seated properly, clear smoke when warmed up.

#38 ·
Does it drive any better with the MAF sensor disconnected?
Can you check the boost pressure on your scan tool data list?
With the ignition on/engine off the boost pressure should be equal to atmospheric pressure (approx 1000mb/1bar/14psi).
Next, start the engine and see if the pressure changes with the engine at idle.

#40 ·
just checked wiring again and I had put 12v orange wire to pin2 nd green 0v to pin 2, changed them round and no fault code pending, so all clear regarding fault codes. the MAP reading is 96 kpa and MAF 0.88 gls with engine not running, MAP 100kpa MAF from 13. to under 14 gls with engine running, no different in engine with MAF connector removed, still won't go above 3000 rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.