Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just sat down and did the paperwork at the dealers. I have to wait a little longer than we thought ( 2 months instead of the 2-3 weeks we thought) apparently there's none in Canada in the orange and it has to be built . Oh well will be worth the wait .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was at the dealers yesterday. No sign of the car being built yet. Bunch of Krona's but no Elantra. Dealers says any day now. When I asked if the Krona was built in South Korea also , he said yes and he said that vehicles he gets from Korean factory are almost never in for repairs. Nice to hear.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just sat down and did the paperwork at the dealers. I have to wait a little longer than we thought ( 2 months instead of the 2-3 weeks we thought) apparently there's none in Canada in the orange and it has to be built . Oh well will be worth the wait .
'Customary' wait for Ultimate is 8-12 weeks. Especially for unpopular 'orange' could be even longer. That orange is like bleached, weathered red, but we all have different preferences... And it is usually available only very first year of model release. Congrats! You will have unique car! And be patient; do not accept car from 'other dealer'. Wait for car right from the boat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just found out , they stopped production on the orange and 1 of the blue colours , reordered in granite grey sigh. 2 more months. Dealer promised to do something for me having to wait longer. Windows tinted for free maybe ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just found out , they stopped production on the orange and 1 of the blue colours , reordered in granite grey sigh. 2 more months. Dealer promised to do something for me having to wait longer. Windows tinted for free maybe ?
That sux that they don't make orange and dealer took that long to tell you. I would try to get as many accessories from them to compensate for wasting your time. All weather floor mats, window tint, mud guards etc.. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sux that they don't make orange and dealer took that long to tell you. I would try to get as many accessories from them to compensate for wasting your time. All weather floor mats, window tint, mud guards etc.. :)
Ya I spoke to salesman and their going to either take care of tint or give me the Michlins at no cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my Elantra GT Feb 2018

Nice, nice, nice!
What 'could be better'? Just do not mention 300HP, wings and machine guns...
Well I was not planning supping it up, but could go for the batmobile type KIDDING

Issues are pretty simple
1 - Door seals don't stay attached, you have to push them back in.
2 - Limitations of the Media player, Needs a lot more thought to be useful!
3 - Noticed the Red GT have a red border in their Seats, Why don't the Blue GT have the blue borders?
4 - Media Port could be put in Console to allow a hard drive , so you don't block the charging station.
5 - USB ports in back back of console for charging, so cables do not have to be run to front of car.

I'm sure I could come up with more items if you like.
Peter

·
Registered
46 Posts
For 2 - This is as good as they get in cars these days, if you have not seen a non-Hyundai one. THe Hyundai one is far better than most. Also - it has CarPlay and Android Auto which can make the experience better.

For 3 - Wishful thinking but I guess red is a sporty color. I think it looks silly for any car other than red to have red. I personally don't like the metallic red (I have a non-sport GT so I don't have it anyway, I like the silver look).

For 4 - Most people use their phones as their media player and want quick access to it. The hard drive thing is a small niche of people.

For 5 - If you want additional USB charging ports you can get one of the low profile USB chargers that go in the accessory power jack in the armrest box. On the sides of the armrest lid there is a little room for a cable to come out. A round cable is pretty tight, so I got a flat cable, so the armrest comes down and sits totally flush. You can run the wire out of the armrest box to the front down the side by the seat, or to the back. With a 14 year old daughter who often has friends in the car, power is essential so I have one iPhone cable and one mini USB coming out of there. It also frees up the front power port for a USB charger for the front passenger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2- Limitations of the Media player - There better versions out there code free source, but it a simple change in the programming to expand the number of directories useable. They simply did not beta test it in the real world.

3 - colored pin strip inn GT Seats, If you do it for one color then you should offer it for all colors in the GT.

4 - With the removal of CD, they have to start thinking the future. Not what most people do now.

5 - additional ports, I know there one on console, but the idea is to reduce wires around where drive is using. So running extra wire down underside of console, to put power USB ports is a simple add on they could do. Cost them maybe $25 top with labor to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts