Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dedicated a few hours today to actually focus 100% on the E and get some stuff done. I got the center console LEDs installed and tested, got the angel eyes hooked up and tested as well.

I want to take a moment and thank you all for your imput, opinions regarding a wire tuck and pulling my engine. I have decided NOT to complete a full wire tuck at this time with cutting and extending wires since I want to keep my factory 10/100,000 warranty. I did however start to tuck without cutting and extending the factory harness and have gotten some decenter results so far. After my factory warranty does expire I fully plan on relocating the battery, fuse box, cutting, and extending all wires and the harness for a 100% wire free bay.

The biggest point of motivation for the day is that I finally got around to starting my wire tuck. I pulled the battery/driver side headlight, and fuse box to run wires into the fender. ZERO factory wires were cut or extended, but I did cut and extend the harness for my HIDs and completely redesigned the relay harness. Here are some pics of progress I made. The driver side is completely wired, all 5 connections for the driver side headlight is hooked up and tested, the power wire for my HIDs is connected to the power on the battery, and the amp wire is also ran to the battery. I'll start on the passenger side and get rid of all of those nasty wires this weekend :cool:.

Anyway, on with the pics!

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's looking extremely clean! I wish I had the patience or ability to take on a task like that. By the way, how did you wire up the halos?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I used one of these to tap into the ECU 2 fuse socket in the engine bay fuse box: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...0-amps-bussmann_5080114-p?searchTerm=fuse+tap

I placed 2 10 amp fuses in it, 1 for the original 10 amp fuse that was in there for the ECU and the second for the Halos. I then wrapped the power wire in shrink wrap and ran the wires under the fuse box, through the fender, and brought them out just next to the headlight. I made the connection just under the headlight in the fender. I then ran the second power wire for the passenger side through the front bumper where I extended my HID power wire and it comes out just under the passenger headlight and is connected there out of sight. The ground wires were connected to the inner fenders in new holes I drilled and sanded down to bare metal. After the wires were screwed down ensuring a secure bare metal connection I took some left over primer and paint from Automotive Touchup and shot primer, base, mid, and clear over the bolts, areas I sanded. This prevents rust but also ensures that the wire has a secure bare metal connection under the bolt.

How it is connected allows the halos to be my DRL when the ignition is turned to the on position and they also stay on while my primary HID headlights are on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wire hiding at its finest! I just plan on puting inverters from the halo connection to the park light. Not sure how that would work out exactly, plus I've no idea how to wire it to the fuse box. Nor the materials/tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts