Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading up around here about the headlights in my new sf, I decided to pull one and you guessed it, the manual was wrong. It says an h7 bulb but it is indeed an h11b. I wanted to do an hid kit in it, but I'm a little perplexed as to how it would work. The electrical contacts for the low beam are part of the housing, once the bulb is twisted into place the contacts are made. Has anyone successfully done this yet? :confused:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
So after reading up around here about the headlights in my new sf, I decided to pull one and you guessed it, the manual was wrong. It says an h7 bulb but it is indeed an h11b. I wanted to do an hid kit in it, but I'm a little perplexed as to how it would work. The electrical contacts for the low beam are part of the housing, once the bulb is twisted into place the contacts are made. Has anyone successfully done this yet? :confused:
Have you checked out the SFS sub-forum? If I recall, several people have installed HID kits in the headlights without issue. Not sure if the SFS is the same as our XL though...ie. in terms of contacts. But you may wish to ask in one of those threads.

·
Registered
27 Posts

My HID conversion kit will be here this Thursday. Hopefully I will have time to install them this weekend and I will post if I run into any problems.

My HID kit has the replacement for the H11B bulbs.

I ordered mine from xenon supply since I have purchased from them in the past.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's the same as the Sport models. Go to the SFS subforum and check out the HID threads there.

I converted to HID's but we didn't have a LWB subforum at the time. All my conversations will be in the SFS forum.

As far as the contacts, the HID kit will have wires that plug into those contacts that the original buld twists into. Those wires will go to the ballast, and from the ballast, you'll run the bulb by drilling a hole in the dust cap.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From the The Retrofit Source:

1x H11: Morimoto Elite HID System:
  • Ballasts: Morimoto 5Five (50w)
  • Kelvin: 6000K
  • Wire Harness: H11
  • Wire Harness Type: Standalone Can-Bus
(In other threads you'll see that the manual says that HID should be 35w. so far no issues with the 55w system, so use at your own risk)

·
Registered
37 Posts
From the The Retrofit Source:

1x H11: Morimoto Elite HID System:
  • Ballasts: Morimoto 5Five (50w)
  • Kelvin: 6000K
  • Wire Harness: H11
  • Wire Harness Type: Standalone Can-Bus
(In other threads you'll see that the manual says that HID should be 35w. so far no issues with the 55w system, so use at your own risk)
+1 I have the same kit installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
K i tried reading a few threads and it seems like some people are installed H11 hid kits and some are getting a conversion kit. I only see the ground return on the bulb is either on the top or bottom of the bulb. Any pic of an H11 installed and if there is shadowing from the wire?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts