Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals, new to the forums here. I hope someone can help me out here.

I have a 2013 Elantra Limited with the stock 17 " wheels and tires. I have recently switched over to 16" steel wheels and tires for winter driving. I also bought some Sonata 16" wheel covers to go along with the steelies. When I had the wheels and tires changed over at the shop they said that the stock lug nuts on my 17" wheels would not work for the wheel covers because they are open ended. He told me I needed acorn style lugs. I purchased a set at Canadian Tire, 12x1.5 mm, 21 mm hex. I believe these to be the correct size but for the application of wheel covers I have noticed that in some videos the lug nuts have a black rubber washer on them. The ones I purchased do not have these washers. So my question is, will I be able to install the oem Sonata wheel Covers with these lug nuts?

Thank you in advance for any help. The looks of these forums look great.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
What a hock of crap. The only difference between the Limited and GLS lug nuts is that the GLS lugs are meant to be exposed and have the decorative 'acorn' style while the Limited ones have the cover and therefore be open-ended. I used my open-ended Limited lug nuts on my 16" steelies in the winter with no issues. Sounds like he was just trying to make a quick sale.

·
Registered
261 Posts
What a hock of crap. The only difference between the Limited and GLS lug nuts is that the GLS lugs are meant to be exposed and have the decorative 'acorn' style while the Limited ones have the cover and therefore be open-ended. I used my open-ended Limited lug nuts on my 16" steelies in the winter with no issues. Sounds like he was just trying to make a quick sale.
+1
Used same lugs from my 17" alloys for my 16" steelies. Covered my steelies with cheap covers from Walmart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it. I know the open ended lugs will work okay for the steelies but my real question is will they work for the Hyundai hubcaps I have that are the bolt on kind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts