Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD - 171,500 mi.

My rack seals are leaking and I would like to try the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak product but don't know if it is compatible with the PSF-3 fluid.

Does anyone know?

I know this might not help me, but I would like to buy some time to decide if I want to commit to more time with this vehicle or not.

If keeping, then replacing the rack sooner is better. If moving on, possibly solving the problem temporarily seems like a good move.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had rack stiffness on my '12 SF, used SeaFoam TransTune for a while and then did flush the system twice using Ravenol PSF-Y oil and it worked like a charm, different scenario than yours but it worked ok with the factory oil. Maybe you can use the lucas stuff and then flush the system.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polarfest

Different scenario, but still useful information.

Thanks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I tried the Lucas power steering stop leak.

Turns out that in the US the bottle states that it is compatible with all power steering fluids. However, in Canada, because the label has to be in English and French, they eliminated that bit of information.

Anyway, I saw an American label on a the Lucas website and added the stop leak.

Bad news is it did not stop the leak and I had to replace the rack at $1,600.00

I don't regret trying it. I think it was worthwhile gamble at only 1% of the cost of the rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts