Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lubricated the exterior door handles yet?

Mine feel like they are starting to drag a little. Just curious if anyone else has noticed the same, and what product did you use to lubricate them?

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,847 Posts
I never lubed the door handle on any of my cars. I greased the latch mechanism in the last century but stopped because the jam would get greasy and something got on the jacket, then the seat :eek:

·
Registered
214 Posts
No need. Pull the handle out and clean the under surface. It shouldn't drag unless you get too much dirt.

I do tend to use lithium grease on metal parts when I detail my car (sunroof hinges, door hinges) then work it 3-4x and clean the excess.

I also do lube weather seals with Shinitsu (Honda) product. It keeps them nice and soft

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I use a spritz of silicone spray or WD-40 spray. Not only on door hinges, but the door latches, hood latch and hinges, and hatch latch and hinges 😄

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I also use white lithium grease. Haven't done it on the SF yet, since all doors open very smoothly, but will shoot them very soon, when doing the newer G70, which has one door that feels horrible. Hopefully the lube job will make it better. Also need to lube the rubber gaskets around the moonroofs with Wurth's rubber care spray (as well as the rails and hinges with white lithium as well). The good thing about the German Wurth spray is it does not contain any silicone, which is not great for rubber. Also want to make sure both moonroofs operate properly, since I haven't tried them since I bought the vehicles a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
By the way, I shoot spray from the hole while pulling on the handle. Then from where the striker hits, shooting up a hole there. Not sure how much of the mechanism I'm actually getting, but I feel improvement, and I don't see where else to shoot spray from (please post if I missed a place). Oh, and do it with the window up, so you don't mess it up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts