Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy guys i drive an accent 1341cc 5door hatch and am finking of installing a gas kit in my vehicle.
can any1 advise me to put or not and if yes is lovato good. in maritius we have some indians that instal kits also. so am somewhat confused about puting it or not.

i drive 90kms to wrk daily and the average fuel cost is RS 230 i.e $8 and thats pretty much

please post maximum replies possible

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (shui3000 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317770
what the **** is a gas kit. sounds like snake oil to me
It's a kit that allows you to convert your engine to an alternate fuel such as Propane (LPG) or Natural Gas - fairly common conversion in some areas. The "worth" of the conversion needs to be calculated to see how cost effective it really is. You have a fairly large initial outlay of money for the kit and installation and you need to determine the cost of driving with & without the conversion to see when you will achieve "payback" or savings. It's useful when you have long commutes or if you're driving a taxi or something like that - for short drives, it's not much benefit financially and the fill-up stations may not be all that prevalent.

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (Alfons @ Apr 29 2010, 07:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317876
It's useful when you have long commutes or if you're driving a taxi or something like that - for short drives, it's not much benefit financially and the fill-up stations may not be all that prevalent.
You're partially right. It's main benefit is lower emissions. That's why LP is used for short distance, start and stop vehicles like...taxi's, bus's,delivery trucks, and tow motors (operating inside a building). I've never seen an over the road LP vehicle.

LP and CNG stations just aren't as common as gasoline stations.

·
Registered
550 Posts
As it is true that the LPG system should give better mpg in the city you must also consider that you will drop " HP" when using propane due propane not producing as powerful a combustion as regular fuel, so over long motor way travel you will without question be pushing the car harder just to keep up with the flow of traffic never mind how gutless it will be if you were brave enough to use the A/C (if equipped) at the same time going up a hill :innocent: . The only real saving you will have is the cost to fill up of cents per Ltr which is much cheaper than regular fuel . :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts