Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Currently Have 20" 2 Crave Rims On My Car... it Needs To Be Lowered & i Want To Go With Either D2 Or Megan Racing Because i'm On A Tight Budget... Which One is Better?

ALSO* Should i Drop it 1.5" Or 1"?
Please Post Pictures Of Both So i Can See The Difference... :confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
D2 or Megan springs will lower your car more then 1". I know you are on a budget, but for an extra $75, you can get the H&R springs that ride much better. If you are on that much of a budget, just save a couple more weeks and get the better springs.

D2, Megan, and H&R will lower your car about 1.5".
Eibach springs will lower you about 1"

Your car with 20" rims should be fine with any of the springs.
But don't buy cheap springs. If you can't afford an extra $75-100,
then save your pennies for a few more weeks.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
agreed.

I don't think that the megan springs are a progressive rate spring... which will lead to a harsher ride.

·
Registered
89 Posts
agreed.

I don't think that the megan springs are a progressive rate spring... which will lead to a harsher ride.
I don't think the Megan or D2 springs are progressive.

Either go with H&R for 1.5" or Eibach for 1"

·
Registered
726 Posts
My Megans dropped my car 1". The ride isn't much different than my stock SE ride.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Forgot the pix...

·
Registered
726 Posts
So You Like Your Megan Springs? So Many People Are Saying That They Aren't That Great
I have had no issues with them. I bought them to lower the car. I don't pretend its a sports car... its a Hyundai. I'm sure more expensive springs would perform better on the track but so would more expensive cars.

Like I said, the ride is close to stock. The only time I notice that they're not stock is when I hit a larger bump or dip faster than planned. If I had to buy springs again, I wouldn't spend the extra money to accomplish the same thing...but I would contemplate buying coil overs a little harder.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have h&r and the ride is great. I recommend these

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't forget to post a pic! I need to put springs on my car this spring.... I need to see what the 1" drop looks like to see if it will be enough! Thanks!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hello all...does anyone know of a reputable place in the Dallas Fort Worth area to install H&R springs on my 2014 Sonata SE 2.0T?
If you have any mechanical skills at all you can do it in your driveway with basic tools. A spring compressor is recommended but not necessary. I used the compressor one one side but not the other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts