Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Ayces has his car lowered and so does RobertL with the SR springs. I've lowered many cars and the ones that seem to wear quicker are the ones that lower more than 1.5". Ayces did a alignment check I forget what the results were. With 1.2" I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you get an alignment after and check the specs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will have mine done in the next couple of months. I'm waiting on reveiws first to see which ones are best. Shark racing offers a set and Korean auto imports offer a set. Both companies offer coilovers as well. I would not go below 1.5".

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (JIZELMIX @ Oct 18 2010, 12:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364232
I will have mine done in the next couple of months. I'm waiting on reveiws first to see which ones are best. Shark racing offers a set and Korean auto imports offer a set. Both companies offer coilovers as well. I would not go below 1.5".

yes i saw both... coilovers are hella expensive... do you have a bigger picture of your car.. looks nice, but the pic is TINY.. LOL

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have written several of the companies (eibach, h&r, vogtland) and they are all waiting on more inquires about this. I am sure with the new turbo version more tuner guys will jump in on the sonata.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Oct 18 2010, 05:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364303
I have written several of the companies (eibach, h&r, vogtland) and they are all waiting on more inquires about this. I am sure with the new turbo version more tuner guys will jump in on the sonata.

dont know what the hold up is.. they have plenty for the <2010 models

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah eibach has em for the old sonata, which nobody really gives a rat azz about...and then they want to do the kia forte, but have no plans for the new yf sonata...kinda weird.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have them and I love 'em. My car has settled a bit lower now and the only issues I have are scraping on inclines/declines, and dealing with all the compliments. :grin: Just kidding on the compliments... Well maybe a little serious.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (Ayces @ Oct 18 2010, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364362
I have them and I love 'em. My car has settled a bit lower now and the only issues I have are scraping on inclines/declines, and dealing with all the compliments. :grin: Just kidding on the compliments... Well maybe a little serious.
scraping? you mean scraping the bottom of your car? or the wheel well?

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (BuCwiLd @ Oct 18 2010, 05:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364368
scraping? you mean scraping the bottom of your car? or the wheel well?
All the plastic aero bits under the car, but mainly the front chin thing (not the bumper). On really crappy designed driveways, i sometimes scratch part of the frame, but that happened at stock height as well sometimes. Wheels and tires are fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any need for alignment modifications such as camber kits? I know many Hondas usually require camber mods after lowering.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (tommyjin @ Oct 18 2010, 10:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364388
Is there any need for alignment modifications such as camber kits? I know many Hondas usually require camber mods after lowering.

i was thinking the same thing but i cant imagine finding a camber kit for a sonata when the choices for springs are so low. also most lowering on hondas are 1.8 to 2.5 even lower. i know on my 97 civic i had 2.2 springs

·
Registered
19 Posts
New here but have lowered everything that i have owned pretty much,My last project was a 2010 camry SE and i put tiens on it and lowered 2.5 inches (these were the lowering springs for the solara but worked) anyway I had a horrible time getting alignment right but finally did.
This time I'm gonna try and be good and keep my future sonata stock....I guess I'm getting old :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anybody tried the Neo-Tech coilovers? Ideally i'd like a set of adjustable Koni's with a mild drop spring of about 1" front and 1.2" rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts