Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buying some lowering springs soon. I'm wondering which springs that are avaliable that offer the lowest drop. Personal inputs would be best from someone who owns them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
As long as you install new shocks to go with them which are designed to go with lowered springs you shouldn't have any dramas. I have installed lowered springs on stock shocks which was a dumb idea.

The ride has gradually gotten worse and worse as they shocks are killing themselves. Passengers in the back constantly complain about the extremely harsh ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you install new shocks to go with them which are designed to go with lowered springs you shouldn't have any dramas. I have installed lowered springs on stock shocks which was a dumb idea.

The ride has gradually gotten worse and worse as they shocks are killing themselves. Passengers in the back constantly complain about the extremely harsh ride.
Which springs do you have? And which aftermarket shocks if you have them.

I'd except the ride to be a little harsher since there's not enough room really for the shocks to work right, especially with a load in the car.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You are right the ride is definitely harsher than stock but for the first few weeks is was bearable for lowered springs. Now I am finding that the constant extra pressure on the shocks has started them on an early road to failure (which I was expecting).

I do not have aftermarket shocks and I am finding it very difficult to source them in Aus. I will more than likely put the stock springs back in until I can either find replacement shocks to go with them or install coilovers if I can swallowthe $1000 plus to get them.

The brand that I have installed is King Springs. An Australian manufacturer which come with a lifetime warranty against defects ans sagging. They were relatively cheap but hey lifetime warranty, who can argue with that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one's answered yet which springs are the cheapest that work with our cars...

·
Registered
660 Posts
I cut up a set of the old Accent (2006-2011) lowering springs for the front and just cut my rear stock springs. It worked, but the car rides and handles like ****. I plan on getting the Storm springs sometime soon... But I'll be cutting those too because I'm all about being as low as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts