Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a 2003 Accent w/ 1.6 manual trans and 54,000 miles on odo ( brother in law passed). This car has done nothing but impress me. Driving from CT to FL we got over 40 mpgs and it never ran out of steam in the top end. I have been driving it to work for a few weeks now and I think I am ready to start modding it. I would like to potentially do auto cross (purely hobby) with this car and have it maintain driveability. My question is this; what springs do you recommend for 1.5 lower all around and what size wheels and tires should I consider? I would like 15" with a low profile tire. I was considering 16" but am concerned about rubbing with the lowered springs. Also will the 16" eat up some off the line performance due to the overall height of the wheel?

And if anyone has a contact for an Astrel 4 Piece Lip Bodykit I would greatly appreciate it. When is someone going to start producing this kit agian? The EVO 5 front end is toooooo much.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the boards! In regards to wanting to do AutoX, you will not just want to get lowering springs. I would recomend a decent set of full coilovers and various strut/roll bars to stiffen up the suspension. As for the wheels, it's really going to be a matter of preferrance. 16s aren't too bad as you can still get a decent sidewall w/ a good drop and not worry about rubbing. 17s would be a bit much, especially in the weight department but if autoX is going to be a hobby then just get some nice 16s and some good tires. As far as performance mods go, check out kfxperformance.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.