Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, <_< was wondering if any one knows were i could get some lowering springs for my xg

thx!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am trying to do the same thing, I have placed order of EIBACH Pro Kit 4214.140 with stamp EW4214001VA front and EW4214002HA rear.
This will lower the body by 25mm for XG type, 2001 model.
Will update the result when it is installed in early September.

You may want to check eibach.de

Bayu

Originally posted by trb@Aug 15 2004, 04:02 PM
hey all, <_< was wondering if any one knows were i could get some lowering springs for my xg

thx!!!
[snapback]783[/snapback]​

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) thanks for the link,bet i was hoping for a biger drop.It will be great if you could post some pics of your car before and after you put the springs on.

but thanks anyway

vladi

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hi Vladi, Bayu welcome to the forum!. Where do both of you come from? B)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey bayu! did you get dose springs yet?when you said 25mm it seemed cnd of a small drop, bet when i went to my car it actually look´t perfect I think that 2.5cm drop should be just fine for me :D.

keep us updated

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey bayu! did you get dose springs yet?when you said 25mm it seemed cnd of a small drop, bet when i went to my car it actually look´t perfect I think that 2.5cm drop should be just fine for me :D.

keep us updated
[snapback]922[/snapback]​
[/quote
:( hi you guys this is strokie sounds great lowering the XG'S but here in australia the insurance comps look down on modefations, specialy the suspension & insurance comps will find any excuse not to payup cheak it out :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi friends....

Could I just ask you :

Why do you need to lower your cars?

My XG30 is low and I wish to have it a little bit higher...

Sorry for disturbance but wish for all happy times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by plxmmk@Sep 19 2004, 04:26 PM
Hi friends....
Could I just ask you :
  Why do you need to lower your cars?

My XG30 is low and I wish to have it a little bit higher...

Sorry for disturbance but wish for all happy times.
[snapback]1246[/snapback]​

my reason is that i have 18" rims and 235/40 tires witch lifted the car a bit.the wide tires give me a much better handeling,bet the suspension is a bit to soft and it gives me to much body roll on fast turns(sort of feels like i´m driving a boat).so the springs will give me a bit stiffer suspension witch will improve the balance of the car.
i know it´s not a sports car bet a luxury car.Bet i really would like to have the filing of bough :p .

and the second reason is that the car will look much better ones it´s a bit lowered
im in my late 20´s,so you know :D

In my case handeling and looks are the main reasons

Vladi

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry my friend....

But now I am with you specially that you have changed your wheels..

Anyway...where are you from TRB?! because TRB means a lot for me...

Have a nice time. :p

·
Registered
224 Posts
dont forget - once you've lowered your car to get the tracking checked out and adjusted on a rolling road or you'll burn your new tyres out in no time at all.

Yeah - the insurance companies in the UK are the same - one slight modification without telling them and if you have to claim - they wont pay. Even if it wasn't your fault!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tnx plxmmk :D ! Ill try to get some pics to show you how it looks. And I live in spain bet i´m originally from russia.oh and TRB don't mean anything really :p

soulink- yeah thanks, i know. I will do that. And about the insurance you people thing i should give them a call?

vladi

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes please send me that pictures...

Spain is great place to visit, don't you think so?

wish for all of you the best...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Eibach springs have not arrived yet, they did not load to the containers! I still wait for end of November to get my lowering springs.

Currently I am using 215/45ZR18, Michelin Pilot Sport on 8 x 18" rim. I am thinking of changing the tire to 235/40 due to load factor reason, current size could not stand for bumpy Indonesian roads

Originally posted by plxmmk@Oct 7 2004, 03:53 AM
yes please send me that pictures...

Spain is great place to visit, don't you think so?

wish for all of you  the best...
[snapback]1562[/snapback]​

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey all,i dint install the springs yet bet her are some pics of my xg whit the 18" [attachmentid=171]

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
;)
Originally posted by trb@Oct 15 2004, 07:17 AM
hey all,i dint install the springs yet bet her are some pics of my xg whit the 18" [attachmentid=171]
[snapback]1761[/snapback]​

hey you make me green with envy, did you ajust the suspension& speedo to match the alterations :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ ^^

lol :) ,no i dint install the springs yet but i will try to do it real soon,like this week or so.As for the (speedO) well it´s a V6 3.0,which mines you don't really need to do anything to it.+ it´s a auto.But i did take of the silencer which dose give a nice little sound :p

i will post a pic ones i lower it,for dose who cares :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
WOW..............great wheels TRB.

May God Protect your car forever.....

It is really nice and very stylish with this 18'' wheels...

hope for you the best...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts