Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if their are any lowering springs out there for my 2013 hyundai accent. Looking for shipping to Canada let me know if their is anything here or on the internet. As you can see in the picture need a 1.5 or a 2 inch drop.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have ripped out fasteners and scraped most of the underneath off the front lip on mine - the last thing I need is any less clearance.

You must have very flat, smooth roads in your territory.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. But I'm with you, RT. I've got a 2013 SE with far too little clearance on the front end! I've already ripped a bumper and fender on a 2012 GS where I rolled over a curb with little or no scraping and then scraped the bumper and popped the left front fender loose when I backed out!

Now I have a phobia of curbs or anything else in front of my Accent... except of course, the open road.

Have ripped out fasteners and scraped most of the underneath off the front lip on mine - the last thing I need is any less clearance.

You must have very flat, smooth roads in your territory.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Different strokes for different folks. But I'm with you, RT. I've got a 2013 SE with far too little clearance on the front end! I've already ripped a bumper and fender on a 2012 GS where I rolled over a curb with little or no scraping and then scraped the bumper and popped the left front fender loose when I backed out!

Now I have a phobia of curbs or anything else in front of my Accent... except of course, the open road.
Would air shock suspension just be funny? :p

·
Registered
385 Posts
Don't do it, I scrapped the front fender now 4 times. Last time was on someone's driveway making a u turn. I now leave it scratched pretty much forever cause there is no solution.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do it, I've drop the car about 1.25'' front, I've put an EZ lip and I've never ripped my bumper. The road on my territory are just the ugliest you can use (Quebec, Canada). It's all about the way you drive IMO.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do it, I've drop the car about 1.25'' front, I've put an EZ lip and I've never ripped my bumper. The road on my territory are just the ugliest you can use (Quebec, Canada). It's all about the way you drive IMO.
I can agree with ya there. I live in Fredericton New Brunswick and that is about as good as a dirt road haha. Can i see pics of your bumper?

·
Registered
907 Posts
If this is a daily driver, then I would reconsider lowering it because of the likelihood of messing up the front bumper, but if you only take city roads and are careful parking it, then you should be fine.

I've seen plenty of stanced/lowered civics, 350z, Audis and VW parked in city garages and at car shows which were driven there by the owners. Sure it requires total avoidance of speed humps, but if you want it, you'll do it!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this is a daily driver, then I would reconsider lowering it because of the likelihood of messing up the front bumper, but if you only take city roads and are careful parking it, then you should be fine.

I've seen plenty of stanced/lowered civics, 350z, Audis and VW parked in city garages and at car shows which were driven there by the owners. Sure it requires total avoidance of speed humps, but if you want it, you'll do it!
Ya pretty much to drive to school and work and stuff. I am more worried about the winters and how i can change the springs for summer and winter.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The only annoying thing on my bumper is bites
Your car looks great in black, with the blackened chrome.

Mine has a few "bites " too, but they don't look so obvious on a silver car.

Regardless of how you drive, your EZ lip would be ripped off on the goat tracks I have to use now and then.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a google search for them and came up with bunk -___-. The website for HSD looks like it was designed in MS paint back in 94. Some place called Uniq seems to have them for the '12 (shouldnt be too much of a difference seeing as they are still the same RB chassis). This thing needs MOAR low so i can finally get my wheels lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts