Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been looking through the web for lowering springs for my scoupe and its not fetching much back only 35mm i was after 60mm really is there any other moddle of hyundai springs that would fit on my scoupe or am i looking at custom jobs if so any good companys would be great thanx

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you're looking for springs only: its advisable not to go under 40mm lowering with standard shocks. So with 60mm you also need to upgrade your shocks.

Rim/tire choice beacomes also tricky when lowering so much. The front is easely filled. I used to drive 40m0m front/30mm back with 205/40 tires 7J 17inch (ET 42) rim. To hard over a bump in the road and it will run the front fender.

Scoupe suspension topic http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t30105-scoup...ension-chat.htm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah right awesome thanx soo much bud i'm sure there is only me and you on this forum lol also just read that suspension thred and there is a scoupe in the scrap yard by my house with monroe shocks and springs on it are these a standard spring and shock or aftermarket ???

·
Registered
372 Posts
There were others, but they are less active on the forum now I guess.

They could be, depends on which Monroe series. Dont know how the better ones perfom with or without lowering.
Only have experience with stock, Weitec loweringkit 35/35(really bad) and de KAW Performance Kit 40/30(good)
Need to think about suspension too because I totalled my scoupe. The front was broken so I cant put it back on my new car:s

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh no way so don't you drive a scoupe anymore ? and do you have any parts ??? you would like to sell if i covered postage etc if so i'm desperate for some front fogs also will a turbo inlet etc bolt on and work on a mvi engine or do the turbo engines have low compression pistons etc ??? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah right ok cool do you no if any other moddle of hyundai which the suspension springs will fit ours ?? and is there any thing of the gen1 coupe that will fit ours apart from the wheels ???

·
Registered
372 Posts
QUOTE (lucas-87 @ Aug 30 2010, 12:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352817
ah right ok cool do you no if any other moddle of hyundai which the suspension springs will fit ours ?? and is there any thing of the gen1 coupe that will fit ours apart from the wheels ???
I dont know.

QUOTE (eyelid @ Aug 31 2010, 06:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353184
Been lurking here but here is nothing interesting to talk about, that's the problem.
Saw your ride on a Finnish perfomance stortesite :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'am also looking for lowering springs... Now I have Weitec -35 spring on, but they are very, very bad.
I'm trying to figure if the original springs on Scoupe are same as the ones on Getz. If so, we could use eibach springs for Getz to lower Scoupes...

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I bought my car, Weitec was already on it, so I had no choice than drive on it. Meanwhile weitec destroyed my shocks, and now I am looking for other springs. I saw that you said that KAW is good for our cars... Do you have any pictures of your Scoupe with KAW, and especialy picture of rear springs when they are on the car? TNX

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thats not good to hear:( Had Weitec springs and shocks on my previous car, they were truly ****.
The car that had KAW loweringkit (KAW springs + Koni Red shocks) is totalled. Ill post the pictures I still have.
Ride was a lot better compared with Weitec. The Koni red shocks are inserts, so youll need to modify your original front struts to install them.

KAW http://fahrwerksshop.com/
GTS http://www.gts-sport.de/
Eibach may still have springs
Pedders mayb but thats in Australia ;)

Stock

Lowered

Front

Back

·
Registered
7 Posts
TNX for the pictures. Nice looking Scoupe, too bad that it's totaled. I think that I'll go with KAW springs than, because I'd like to keep car low, but not on weitec anymore.
I found somewhere KAW suspension kit (springs+shocks) for 475€...but can't find that site anymore.
Do you have experience with GTS? Apex?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts