Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new Santa Fe yesterday and in cruising through the manual, it made several mentions to a low washer fluid warning light. I would love to have this feature but it has a very non-committal 'If Equipped' statement every time it is mentioned. Short of draining the tank, is there any way of finding out if this light works on my car? It doesn't come on with the bulb check at start-up but then again, not all of them do.

Anybody seen theirs yet?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Sep 19 2010, 02:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357174
I just picked up my new Santa Fe yesterday and in cruising through the manual, it made several mentions to a low washer fluid warning light. I would love to have this feature but it has a very non-committal 'If Equipped' statement every time it is mentioned. Short of draining the tank, is there any way of finding out if this light works on my car? It doesn't come on with the bulb check at start-up but then again, not all of them do.

Anybody seen theirs yet?
My U.S. spec '08 Limited hasn't seen a tough enough winter (yet) to drain it before I could get around to filling it, so I haven't managed to light mine up, but I can confirm that it's there. I'd be very surprised if any Limited model since '07 doesn't have the switch. It's unlikely that you'll ever be able to see the switch from the top (this puppy is seriously buried in there), but if you ever get it up on a rack, check right next to the lower hose connection to the tank. You might be able to feel it, even if you can't actually see it. Don't know if they've rearranged much protective metal down there on the 2010.

Hyundai says it should trip when there's still somewhere between about 20 and 25 oz. of juice remaining in the tank. Nice to know when the snow and ice start again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It works. Our 08 Santa Fe is my wife's daily driver and our winters deem the use of the washers a lot. The rear window washer seems to be the biggest waste of fluid. 90% of the fluid runs down the rear before the wiper can do anything with it...couldn't they have added a $.02 spray nozzel over the useless stream???

·
1,914 Posts
Andrew,

Mine had come on once. If I remember correctly, it was on the left hand side, somewhere near the middle. It lit up orange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts