Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A) Is there a way to make the display message go away? I cycled through the trip buttons and it went away momentarily but came right back. Annoying, I see it's low and the idiot light is still on.

B ) Anyway to display which tire is low?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Put air in your tires....it will go away...that is the only way. With the cold coming in, it will happen.

As far as finding out which tire, you would have to go to the dealer and they would be able to tell you. Otherwise, put air in each one and then see if the light goes off in between. When you see the light go off, then the tire you just filled was low.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put air in your tires....it will go away...that is the only way. With the cold coming in, it will happen.

As far as finding out which tire, you would have to go to the dealer and they would be able to tell you. Otherwise, put air in each one and then see if the light goes off in between. When you see the light go off, then the tire you just filled was low.
Well that's annoying but what I figured.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well that's annoying but what I figured.
It s very annoying......took me like 2 months to find the tire that kept leaking down a lot.....due to the valve stem core leaking.....because tire pressure will fluctuate over time and depending on conditions, so it is not fun at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got to the auto parts store and invest $5 in a tire pressure gauge and test each tire they should all be at 32 psi. Just make sure to test them when you first get in the car and havent driven too far as the pressure will increase as u drive and the tire warms.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Coincidentally, it did the same thing to me to. I saw it in the morning, figured it was because it was in the thirties...I drive to work, about 15 min drive, and the light remained on. I came out at lunch, still there. I ended up topping off the tires, seemed to be done by 5 or 10 lbs, and then the light went away. My dealer told me they put nitrogen in the tires to reduce differences in pressure in the tires, maybe they weren't entirely truthful.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Part of owning a motor vehicle is ensuring that the tires is properly inflated.. thank .GOV and them Ford Explorer owners who fail to keep air in tires and have blow outs and roll-overs for the mandated TPMS to tell some of the lazy bodies that we need to check/inflate our tires because we cant do it on our own as preventive maintanance..

As an owner/operator, you should be checking air bi-weekly to once a month.. with the coming colder temps, tires that is marginally low will be become lower, hence the low air light.. with these temps, air them up to 36-37 PSI and carry on,, this allow for more time for air in tires to shrink, but you already ahead of the game by keeping tires up and even.

Most all of the Hyundai product line up uses the "low line" system.. only monitors air pressure in tires and air temp in the tires.. we had a "High Line" system, it would show low air warning, and show which tire location via tiny car on instrument cluster.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part of owning a motor vehicle is ensuring that the tires is properly inflated.. thank .GOV and them Ford Explorer owners who fail to keep air in tires and have blow outs and roll-overs for the mandated TPMS to tell some of the lazy bodies that we need to check/inflate our tires because we cant do it on our own as preventive maintanance..

As an owner/operator, you should be checking air bi-weekly to once a month.. with the coming colder temps, tires that is marginally low will be become lower, hence the low air light.. with these temps, air them up to 36-37 PSI and carry on,, this allow for more time for air in tires to shrink, but you already ahead of the game by keeping tires up and even.

Most all of the Hyundai product line up uses the "low line" system.. only monitors air pressure in tires and air temp in the tires.. we had a "High Line" system, it would show low air warning, and show which tire location via tiny car on instrument cluster.
Lighten up on the sermon Francis. I KNOW i need to fill them up and I did. I was just checking to see if there was a menu option I was missing.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Does any Hyundai product have the ability to tell you which tire is low? Seems like a very useful feature. I'd also prefer the ability to actually read the tire pressure for any wheel directly rather than just a warning light, but I'm sure this would mean extra cost.

- Mark

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
We had 1 or 2 model that had the "High Line" system installed... Low air warning with small figure in cluster and red square to indicate which tire.. Neither Hyundai system shows pressure, unles you hook up GDS and go into current data and look at what the sensor is telling module.. I might have pics, have to look.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts