Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking for some advice on what to do because I'm not sure if my rim is damaged ---not sure if its just a hubcap or if the actual rim got damaged. Do you guys think I need to replace the entire wheel?? Any feedback is appreciated postimg.org/image/telaada5t (i cant post images because im a new user)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
hold on, let me find my magic wand....it knows all.

get it off and inspect it. unless they are psychic nobody can tell you if that wheel is damaged or not.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the brunt of the hit was right at that missing piece of the plastic wheel cover, then the picture makes it look like the steel wheel underneath may have escaped serious harm. Pull the cover off (just give it a good tug) and look for obvious damage. A few scrapes are fine, but any cracks or a bent lip where it seals against the tire could be a problem. Take a close look at the tire itself too.

After a visual inspection, check that the tire pressure is still good, and the lugnuts are all still tight. If you can safely test drive the car someplace (not high speed, not in traffic), be on the lookout for any new noise or vibration, strange feeling in the steering, or a change is the car's tracking (ability to hold a straight line, or behave predictably in a corner). Any of these could suggest a bent rim or suspension/alignment problems.

It's probably worth getting checked next time you have a chance, even if everything seems fine. We don't know all the details of the accident, so the wheel might not be the only thing that needs attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hold on, let me find my magic wand....it knows all. get it off and inspect it. unless they are psychic nobody can tell you if that wheel is damaged or not.
ㅋㅋㅋ
If the brunt of the hit was right at that missing piece of the plastic wheel cover, then the picture makes it look like the steel wheel underneath may have escaped serious harm. Pull the cover off (just give it a good tug) and look for obvious damage. A few scrapes are fine, but any cracks or a bent lip where it seals against the tire could be a problem. Take a close look at the tire itself too. After a visual inspection, check that the tire pressure is still good, and the lugnuts are all still tight. If you can safely test drive the car someplace (not high speed, not in traffic), be on the lookout for any new noise or vibration, strange feeling in the steering, or a change is the car's tracking (ability to hold a straight line, or behave predictably in a corner). Any of these could suggest a bent rim or suspension/alignment problems. It's probably worth getting checked next time you have a chance, even if everything seems fine. We don't know all the details of the accident, so the wheel might not be the only thing that needs attention.
Thanks, I just wanted to be reassured that the rim wasn't damaged haha. I intend to take it to a shop to get inspected this weekend but wanted some other advice in the meantime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts