Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bit of help/suggestions

My new to me 2005 Sonata VE V6 79000 KThe spedometer indicates 100KPH my NEW GPS indicatets 95 this model came equipped with either 205-65-15 or 205-60-16 which I have
A quick call to the local dealer who said live with it nis new Hyundai is out by 2K/by gps. Is there anything I can do to reduce/eliminate the error?
Thank You
William Smith

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
???
Shows 100 while it drives 95 ? That is an error at the low end of the range. It is a legal requirement in most countries that the speedo must never show less than real speed, so the engineering buffer is towards the high readings (worst case).

In short: live with it.

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4 GDI non turbo 40k miles
200 Posts
As above, few are aware the speedometers in all cars actually show a higher than the actual speed - 5 kmh difference at 100kmh is perhaps at the limit of the legal range. The speedometer unit is calibrated in such way, however the actual odometer is accurate and represents the actual distance travelled. If you feel you'd like to have the actual speed displayed, you may want to go with a larger tire size if I'm not wrong - of course, too large of a tire will start to rub but you can usually safely go with an extra 1.5cm in radius

·
Registered
152 Posts
All of my cars are out by about 5kph at 100kph. It's normal, as per the comments already made above. I actually find it quite useful sometimes - particularly when I've not been watching my speed and sail past a speed camera (i.e. things aren't as bad as they could be :) )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts