Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

Can anyone tell me where the low fuel warning light fuse is located?

My low fuel lamp does not seem to be working and I'm assuming it should be located almost the in centre of the strip of
warning lights on the dash? Beside the low oil pressure warning light perhaps?

I'm guessing as I've never seen it lighting and don't have a manual..

THanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
its located below the total milage. it have a big bulb.. but i dunt knw it never glowed for me if i have low fuel as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
These lights work via thermistors. Basically, in normal operating conditions, the slight heat produced by the current going through the loop will be taken away by the gas, and it will stay cool and maintain a high resistance. When there is absolutely no gas whatsoever, then the heat is not drawn away, its resistance drops, and the light illuminates.

It really depends on where the put this thermistor. If its at the bottom of the tank, then it will only light when there is absolutely no gas left whatsoever (unlike the fuel gauge showing E, which usually means you have a few miles left.)

You can always test the lamp by shorting the thermistor's wire to ground. To test the thermistor, either run yourself out of gas or remove your fuel pump/sender unit and let it dry off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts