Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
My low beam bulb on the driver side is burnt. after painstakingly taking it out I noticed is the HID type and to make a long story short the bulb come with a 6 inch wiring and in the middle of the bulb and the wiring harness is a plastic piece that goes in the middle of the platelet that you need to unscrew to get to the bulb to begin with to make it absolutely moisture proof (see pic please). At the same time I noticed there is an internal wiring that already exists for NON HID bulb type (halogen) on the inside of the headlight (vs the wiring for HID that originates from the outside of the headlight assembly) - my question is can I simply place a LED or a halogen on that side and be done with It while I have a HID type on the passenger side? Would this cause any issues? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I do understand about needing to replace both bulbs
HID Low Beam Bulb 2013 HY Gen.jpg
at the same time, however I don't want to take out the whole air intake assembly to do it (that is what you need to do to get to the passenger side bulb)...this design is a true pain...and it cost $300 to replace at the dealer ($129 for the bulb and another $170 for labor! Not doing it!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unfortunately it’s designed for hid.
I would replace with another hid bulb
Are you sure it’s the bulb ? It could be the ballast which is located underneath the headlight .which would require you to take the headlight assembly out which means taking the bumper off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts