Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while waiting for my car, at the dealership repair shop, oil change, at least four people came in all complaing of low air tire light on the dash, anyone having the same problem, I know, it has happened to me at least 4x,

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (rmignol @ Dec 9 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378415
while waiting for my car, at the dealership repair shop, oil change, at least four people came in all complaing of low air tire light on the dash, anyone having the same problem, I know, it has happened to me at least 4x,
If is is cold where you live it may be due to that. Your air pressure can decrease when it it gets cold.

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (richardc @ Dec 9 2010, 11:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378424
If is is cold where you live it may be due to that. Your air pressure can decrease when it it gets cold.
The tire pressure light on my 08 comes on whenever it get 20 degrees and lower, however after some high speed freeway driving the tire pressure builds up and the light goes out. I have checked tire pressure when the light was on and found the pressure dropped 4psi. At least I know the system is working.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL Plus
2,236 Posts
Almost certainly the temperatures. This is common to all makes. Just get in the habit of checking your tire psi when it is cold and get a good air gauge. I recommend one of the round ones with a release valve which holds the pressure so you can read it clearly. I keep all my tires at 32 psi year round.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (rmignol @ Dec 9 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378415

And about every car that I had for service last week had the low air thing lit up... all the tires was low.. seems nobody anymore maintains the air in their tires... with the cold air currenlty, just aggravate the situation... run them things up to 35-37 PSI and carry on.

Thank Firestone, Ford Exploder owners and .GOV for the TPMS thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts