1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BlueTooth will not connect.
Trunk keylock doesn't function.
USB won't charge a cell phone.
#1 power outlet doesn't work (good fuse).

Too many pluses to list though! :grin2:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ya, I definitely like mine.

Last day of school was May 23, finally had to start up the Sonata yesterday and drive it.

Taking it to Phoenix from July 1 - July 7. Took the Toyota last year, Sonatas turn.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had no problems connecting my Bluetooth and do so every day. LG V20 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 before that. I carry an iPhone for work also, didn't have any problems connecting that either, it's was 6s Plus and now 7 Plus (the 6S Plus took a swim in the pool, oops).

When you say "Trunk Keylock" you mean the actual key slot? I've never used mine. The keyless entry has a button to pop the trunk, works fine.

I've yet to have a car USB port that charges worth a darn. I use a dual port Samsung fast charger that I bought at Walmart for $16. It will charge my phone to 100% even with phone navigation on.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've had no problems connecting my Bluetooth and do so every day. LG V20 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 before that. I carry an iPhone for work also, didn't have any problems connecting that either, it's was 6s Plus and now 7 Plus (the 6S Plus took a swim in the pool, oops).
When I get a new phone I will let you know...I have tried 2, they connect initially but then fail.
When you say "Trunk Keylock" you mean the actual key slot? I've never used mine. The keyless entry has a button to pop the trunk, works fine.
This is why the keylocks fail...no one uses them!
I've yet to have a car USB port that charges worth a darn. I use a dual port Samsung fast charger that I bought at Walmart for $16. It will charge my phone to 100% even with phone navigation on.
...still, can't b*tch about the excellent mileage!

...another thing I've noticed, when I increase A/C blower speed past 2...it gets loud and vibrates! I will have to check it if it's not hard to get to...possibly rodent nest related!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Trunk keylock doesn't function.
Had this same problem, probably from non-use. I dipped the key in some lube (not K-Y) and got the lube inside the lock cylinder. After a couple tries, the key did turn and open the trunk. Probably just very dry in there...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had this same problem, probably from non-use. I dipped the key in some lube (not K-Y) and got the lube inside the lock cylinder. After a couple tries, the key did turn and open the trunk. Probably just very dry in there...
I went way further, removed it and soaked it in MMO for days working the key into it. It seemed freed-up but never worked. :rant2:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some issues resolved...

The new cell plays nice with the car BT...and the unlocking issue seems to happen when the door is open. You can press the fob or the door button to lock, and if the door is open...it may not unlock from the fob when you return. Possibly a built-in safety/security feature or quirk? Maybe a time limit?
(I mentioned the unlock issue in a different thread because it was an after-market remote start)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a year and a half...

Still think it's a great car at 155k miles...excellent mileage and responsive. I'm not having the software updated...it runs too well to chance it! :unsure:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Still think it's a great car at 155k miles...excellent mileage and responsive. I'm not having the software updated...it runs too well to chance it! :unsure:
Even with my, ahem, ENHANCED oil consumption I still enjoy driving my GLS as well. As of March it is 9 years old and I'm just about to eclipse the 140K mark. Other than the recalls, I've only had a few 'major' problems (starter, MDPS coupler, fuel-injector failure, oil gasket/pan leak, oil consumption). My interior is in great shape with minimal wear and tear...a really solid detailing would probably have it looking like new!

If my oil consumption test deems that I can get another engine, I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, especially since I'm now at the point in life where I'll be paying the cost of a new mid-sized vehicle every year for the next 7 years putting my kids through college!!! If I don't win the new engine lottery, guess I'll be looking at a hooptie to keep me going :thumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
BlueTooth will not connect. ----- Probably some settings issue.
Trunk keylock doesn't function ----- New key fob.
USB won't charge a cell phone ------ Not made to charge cell phones, for ipod mp3 usb
#1 power outlet doesn't work (good fuse) ----- Replace the outlet.

:D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlueTooth will not connect. ----- Probably some settings issue.
Trunk keylock doesn't function ----- New key fob.
USB won't charge a cell phone ------ Not made to charge cell phones, for ipod mp3 usb
#1 power outlet doesn't work (good fuse) ----- Replace the outlet.

:D
All covered and discussed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts