Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Sport 2.0T Limited: probably LED, not sure. Not enough light forward. Could be brighter. Sharp cutoff on low beam. Can't read unlighted overhead signs. No light to front/sides. Can't read signs on shoulder of road. When turning unlighted corners, or into unlighted driveways, or unlighted expressway entrances, there is no light from the car to light the corner. This car needs Cornering lamps!!!' Yes, I can flip on Highbeam, but cars in front or oncoming cars don't like it, and does not help when turning into dark driveways, etc.

2018 2.0T Limited with "LED Intelligent System" is the same as above except EVEN WORSE. yes, the headlights shift left or right when turning, but not nearly enough. Matter of fact, I owned the car for more than two months before I realized the headlights move ever so slightly, when turning a corner. SHOULD MOVE MORE.

Lights should be brighter. Lights should light more of the front/side. (Cornering lamps would be ok). I've had other cars with headlights that move when turning, so I know how they should operate.

Although in the past, I NEVER had problems with Quartz Iodine/Quartz Halogen or HID headlights, these LED headlights are not as good we are led to believe. Give me QI/QH or
HID.

Part or all the problem "could" be the headlight reflectors, not the bulbs. Don't know. What I do know is that the headlights on the 2018 SUCKS, and on the 2015 only Suck.

Other than the headlights, I love the cars.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Maybe car manufacturers need to bring back lamps like these that turn with the wheels to help see around corners?

·
Registered
406 Posts
2015 sport 2.0 limited has hid lights. Sucks you don't like them. I have none of the issues on mine that you've mentioned other than the sharp cutoff when going down into dips and back up. I can see onto the shoulder well off to the side, the deer on the road sides are very visible, and the lights illuminate overhead signs as well as road side signs just fine and corners aren't a problem either.

I do however get flashed by oncoming drivers all the time, even using the auto highbeam they'll shut off and ppl still flash me like the highs are still on. Lol I have no experience with the new led lights but have you considered having them check to ensure they are correctly aimed on both models?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said, my 2015 (with HID?) are slightly better compared to my 2018 with LED Intelligent System.

I think a big part of the problem is the designs of the reflectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts