Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone experience this unusual louder thumps from the right front wheel end with their new SF 2010 after a series of fine bumps which is distinctly much louder and faster recoiling thumps compared to a sturdier left front wheel? what do you think is causing this sound? a faulty suspension?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Check to make sure your tire pressures are set to what the label says on the door jamb. Often Hyundai will pump the tires WAY up to keep them from getting flat spots during transit and more often than not, the dealers don't set them correctly during the PDI process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Jun 30 2010, 11:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337661
Check to make sure your tire pressures are set to what the label says on the door jamb. Often Hyundai will pump the tires WAY up to keep them from getting flat spots during transit and more often than not, the dealers don't set them correctly during the PDI process.
tire pressures are even at 33PSI still the right front end produced more thuds.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Do this: Look under the vehicle and locate the long, crooked stabilizer bar which runs sideways under the engine bay. Grab the joint where it connects to the right front wheel assembly, and have someone rock the vehicle from side to side. If you feel a knocking sensation in the palm of your hand, your problem is a defective stabilizer link.

I had the exact same symptoms on my right front wheel, and it was fixed in 25 minutes by the dealer under warranty. It is not uncommon in the Santa Fe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Don67 @ Jul 2 2010, 05:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338170
Do this: Look under the vehicle and locate the long, crooked stabilizer bar which runs sideways under the engine bay. Grab the joint where it connects to the right front wheel assembly, and have someone rock the vehicle from side to side. If you feel a knocking sensation in the palm of your hand, your problem is a defective stabilizer link.

I had the exact same symptoms on my right front wheel, and it was fixed in 25 minutes by the dealer under warranty. It is not uncommon in the Santa Fe.

Is this what you are pointing out stab link? well i just did but i didn't get any play or knocking sensation. :liebe011: anyway...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem as well. Replacing the stabilizing links solved the issue right away. They are covered under the warranty up to either 60K or 70K. Unfortunately I was over that when I brought it in however the dealer cost with labor for both front links (54840-2B000, and 54830-2B000) was $162 with tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts