Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 tiburon gt 6 speed limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 07 tiburon gt 6 speed, 2.7L v6. Ran pretty good for a few weeks, good amount of power, nothing has ever been maintained on the car when it comes down to the motor, just did a timing belt kit at 133k miles. Car ran great for a week, no noises, no issue, on my way home one day I notice it started to misfire and it was only for 2 minutes after I notice till parking at my house, open the hood to see the oil cap blew off, but the oil cap was pretty lose when I put it back on so didnt get to worried, narrow the misfires down to ignition so just plugs and wires /needs tune up. Had to drive the car to the shop. Within 15 minutes of this drive. Mind that the car would barley do 50mph. Started to hear a nasty like lifter tick noise and has continued. Not sure if its gonna need a motor but my first Hyundai experience is not going well at all haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, put the the right oil and filter on it. Been reading a lot of post that talk about that. Oil is full and clean, no metal flakes from what I can tell. Taking it apart as we speak right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so took it apart, it was in fact valves slapping pistons, search for the cause of the issue turns out that the timing belt jump 6 teeth on intake side and 4 teeth on exaust side, luckily did not bend valves, bought a new timing belt kit and put it all back together and the car ran perfect, again still lost why the car jump the timing belt because I could not find anything wrong or any debris that could of cause this issue, very strange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts