Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased new rotors and pads for my 2007 Santa Fe, "Carquest" brand (Advance Auto). I had a mechanic install them. Afterward it sounded like I was dragging a bicycle under my car. The noise comes mainly from the right rear (PS), but also a bit from the left rear (DS). We replaced the right rear rotor after 30 miles of driving. Sound still there. The replaced rotor showed grinding on the leading edge of the rotor hub, and a bit of a groove on the outer surface of the rotor. We double checked the Carquest part # and it matches up.

The shield in back of the rotor is rusty but seems intact and not bent.

I had the sway bar links replaced a couple days later. Seems to have made sound worse. ???

Two suggestions so far are maybe Hyundai changed the Rotor into the production run?
Or maybe the CarQuest part just doesn't fit right?

You get the sound if you are braking or not, but sometimes the sound is louder or quieter when brakes are applied.

Any information or ideas about this situation?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Perhaps the caliper slide pins are seizing up keeping the pads from fully disengaging the rotor? Can you post a few pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess that the brake hardware that come with you brake pads (that thin metal that brake pad slide on) is touching your rotor. I would look into that,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts