Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Santa Fe has a very wet carpet and I don't know where it is coming from. About two weeks ago I noticed that the car smelled/stunk "wet" and that the windows fog overnight. We have had a fair share of rain lately and I had not experienced this before (I bought the car used about 2-3 months ago).

The smell and wetness are just getting worse and today I noticed that there is water pooled under the carpet. Any idea of where the water could be coming from? It has no sunroof, and the chairs are not wet (just tiny wet feeling which clearly comes from the very humid environment in the car).

Today I noticed that one of the rubber seals on the passenger door is broken but that does not explain how the water gets over the edge into the car (the deal is on an edge, outside the cabin, not really inside the car).

What can be the cause, and how can I dry it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the air con water drain. The hose may have come off inside the car or it may have split.

It is way too much water to be evaporator condensation, and it is winter so I dont use the AC. Under the dashboard is one of the least wet places so the AC is an unlikely cause.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Heater core leaking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
David, did you ever sort this out? My 07 is definitely leaking in the rain and does not appear to be coming from the sunroof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts