Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my 15 santa fe ultimate limited a lot but when i am on the highway going 70 or so it seems i am always fighting the steering to stay straight, its a cpo with 29k on it . had front end alignment checked and it was right on. checked air pressure . any ideas . Is it normal?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I like my 15 santa fe ultimate limited a lot but when i am on the highway going 70 or so it seems i am always fighting the steering to stay straight, its a cpo with 29k on it . had front end alignment checked and it was right on. checked air pressure . any ideas . Is it normal?

Clarify "RIGHT ON".......

Do we have the actual measured align numbers from static measure to evaluated what may be of any concern ??

I'm not talking "greens & reds"

Tires - matching and proper air of 35-37 psi

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ours does fine, one thing I have noticed is that if you have the electric power steering set to the easiest it seems like any slight movement of the wheel causes the vehicle to move. We leave ours in the normal (middle) selection and we have no problems. I couldn't deal with the steering in the lightest setting at all.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Was it on the comfort (I think that is what it is called) or the normal before? Just curious, glad that the sport mode seems to help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Steering is one of the weakest aspects of my 2014 Santa Fe, in my opinion. I can giggle the wheel quite a bit and not have it affect the direction of the car. I much prefer steering that is very direct, with minimal on-center dead zone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have a lower steering column lubrication problem. The lubrication dries out over time and the steering becomes unresponsive. If you are still under warranty, the dealer will replace the part. If not, there are directions on the forum for how to lubricate the U-joints on the part. I had the same issue on my '14. The dealer replaced it. Next time I'm lubing it myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts